out of pocket for awhile--wifes father died

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard":1ipcao9g said:
Got the call this morning we've been expecting since Oct. Father in law passed away after a bout with cancer so we're headed back up to Paris Tx. Gonna be tough--seems like that's all we've done the last few years is attend somber events.

May the Good Lord bring comfort and peace to your family.
We all have this journey to make. Been down that road a lot out of 18 aunt's and uncles I have one 96 old aunt left.
All you can hope and pray for is they lived a good and productive life and left a lot of good memories.

My condolences GB. 'Out of pocket for a while' - no burial policy in place? I believe that is the very least each individual should see too before going to wherever they are going.

alisonb":3lth0q5r said:
- no burial policy in place? I believe that is the very least each individual should see too before going to wherever they are going.

"out of pocket" in my neck of the woods means ya won't be around for awhile--gone off somewhere. But, Don't get me started on that other connotation of it alisonb. (that held true as well)

I am back, finally, after driving the whole round trip in rain rain rain.
Thanks to all for your very kind words and prayers.

Neighbor here called me yesterday about the time I got to Yantis and told me we had had a big windstorm here at home. Trees down on my powerline and fence. Couldn't even get into my place without cutting thru the pasture and driving into the yard from the backside. Spent most of today cutting up a big hickory tree and fixing fences--again.
Again--thank you.

Glad you made it back GB. Sorry you had to come back to a mess after what y'all went thru.

Isomade":2b0oi560 said:
Glad you made it back GB. Sorry you had to come back to a mess after what y'all went thru.

That aint no mess for here prairie farmer.
Keepin trees off a fence, house, barn, or auto is an everyday occurence .
Crazy part is you will have a 60 mph come through and every tree will stand.
Be dead calm and one will fall, next storm 10 will fall.