Our set of twins

Help Support CattleToday:

tom4018

Dumb Old Farmer
Reaction score
This is this cow 3rd calving. These calves are about 4 1/2 months old both now steers. They never had any supplemental milk but started put some feed in an old creep feeder when they were about 30-40 days old but usually only see one of them go in there and I think it shows. They are not as nice as her other calves but maybe they will come out ok. Pics are not the best, came off a cell phone.

Image004.jpg

Image007.jpg

Looks like the calves are fairly thick at the rear, they oughtta do. Nice pictures! You are pretty brave to stand right in front of that wild lookin cow!

grubbie":1agzxczb said:
Looks like the calves are fairly thick at the rear, they oughtta do. Nice pictures! You are pretty brave to stand right in front of that wild lookin cow!
Daughter took the pic on her phone, there is a fence between them. On the thickness their sire seemed to really put the thickness on calves, hated to see him go this past year he was young but had foot problems.

hillsdown":8fmau92r said:
Looks like mom is doing a good job with the twins Tom ... :nod:

BTW, I don't think she looks mean/wild at all.. :)
IT was our first set of twins, I guess she will wean more pounds but I don't think the calves are near as good as her past calves. Her disposition is good, pretty easy to work. She is by no means a per but sometimes those are the hardest to get than the alley.

Congrats Tom,

If that isn't a good picture of a good moma. Just standing there flanked by her calves. Sometimes kids (I think you said your daughter took the pic) take the best pics. I wouldn't worry about the steers - you've got to figure that they don't need to be as big as the other calves to bring you a profit, since there are two!

Congratulations on your first set of twins. I was happy when we had our first set. But I really don't care for them. She looks like she did a good job raising them.

Joy of Texas":35dergbf said:
Congratulations on your first set of twins. I was happy when we had our first set. But I really don't care for them. She looks like she did a good job raising them.
I can't say I am excited over twins, we really had to watch her for a while to make sure both were nursing. That in itself was not easy as both look exactly alike at birth. Ended up tying a piece of surveyor tape around the neck of one to tell them apart from a distance, tagging did not help depending on how they had their head against the cow.

congrats on that nice set of twins.always like a set of twins esp when they are heifers.

Latest posts