Our newest Best Friends the Iranians captured 10 US sailors

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

greybeard

Reaction score
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/che ... crew-soon/

Whatever happened to last year's plan for the US Navy?
"If it floats--it fights"

I'm guessing the crews got orders from WAY high up not to resist our good buddies in Tehran.

'If it floats--it fights' is supposed to be the watchword from now on--arming every surface vessel in the navy with as much armament as we can afford--specifically the Mk 45 five-inch naval gun system, with "smart" ammunition. It's a lot cheaper than to build a new missile system or to use the $1.6million/round Tomahawk. The new BAE smart ammo would be 2-% of that Tomahawk cost/round.
"If it floats, it fights" means offensive weapons on everything from oilers, dry logistics, transports, amphibs, and of course includes the normal armed surface ships like frigates and destroyers. " Distributed lethality" means all surface ships can be offensive weapons platforms instead of depending on a carrier group.
I guess that plan got shot down from higher up--After all, the Iranians are our new BFFs in the Arab world. :rolleyes:

http://nosi.org/2015/01/29/...stributed-lethality/
/\ The ship at the top of that page is my old ship--DD964 Paul F Foster--now converted to weapons test platform--Self Defense Test Ship--and remotely controlled.
http://www.forbes.com/sites...644713972f18701397ec

http://breakingdefense.com/...stributed-lethality/

GB I hope I don't get your thread locked, but the US needs to either annihilate the entire Middle East or either come home and let them be. You ain't gonna change them. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. You can't reform an idealist. Problem is... They don't want to. It's all about money.

I miss the days when we struck fear in the hearts of men.

Bigfoot":20zjs6ef said:

Me to Bigfoot. Only problem with this bunch is they ain't scared of dying so that don't leave much to fear.

Bigfoot":1f3yr54c said:

Our government scares the shyt out of me now

We should have had an Ohio Class Boomer put a nuke in downtown Tehran 10 minutes after the capture.
Release or we are going to take out every major city in your country problem solved.
The only thing this bunch understands is death and destruction.

They trust Iran with nukes but don't trust American citizens with guns

Caustic Burno":13wwwkvr said:
We should have had an Ohio Class Boomer put a nuke in downtown Tehran 10 minutes after the capture.
Release or we are going to take out every major city in your country problem solved.
Nuclear missiles fly both directions and half the countries that have nukes are our enemies. We got away with it once because we were the only ones that had one. Don't count on it again. The entire world will be back in the stone ages.

TexasBred":26vf4cck said:
Caustic Burno":26vf4cck said:
Nuclear missiles fly both directions and half the countries that have nukes are our enemies. We got away with it once because we were the only ones that had one. Don't count on it again. The entire world will be back in the stone ages.

You are right about them flying both ways but your foolish if you don't think they are not planning to use them against us.
This fight is coming just hasn't been scheduled yet.
I say carry a big stick and use it first, waiting is only encouraging an enemy set on our destruction.
Same approach we took with Japan was wait and see.

TB this is going to go nuclear before it is over when your dealing with extremist ideology that looks forward to death,
and has the capability today. Just not a lot stockpiled yet.
This bunch is actually worse than the Japanese IMO.
Our choice now is do we fight the event here or over there.
My vote is over there and get it over with before they get even stronger.

TB you are thinking rational when dealing with irrational zealots.

Caustic Burno":22vcamoz said:
TB this is going to go nuclear before it is over when your dealing with extremist ideology that looks forward to death,

Absolutely. Nailed. It.
This is the fundamental problem when dealing with an extremist mentality. There is no rational, balanced thought process that allows for negotiations and compromise in the middle ground. It's all or nothing when dealing with this mentality. The longer we flinch, the more likely we are to end up with a black eye (or worse) A sucker punch is a sucker punch, no matter who throws it. The days of looking your adversary in the eye are long gone. Just wish the liberal 'humanitarian' types would realize that when they are so quick to defend these 'humans'. But like most things in life, people really don't understand until it directly impacts themselves....and with respect to this growing 'challenge', by then, it will be too late.

Caustic Burno":1pixgufq said:
You are right about them flying both ways but your foolish if you don't think they are not planning to use them against us.
This fight is coming just hasn't been scheduled yet.
I say carry a big stick and use it first, waiting is only encouraging an enemy set on our destruction.
Same approach we took with Japan was wait and see.
CB too bad Kim Jong-un doesn't need another underling. You'd make a good one. Same mentality. But bomb away.... Zimbabwe will be the only civilized nation left in the world. Remember Mutually Assured Destruction? Well it hasn't gone anywhere and it's still assured. We didn't nuke Korea over the Pueblo incident. Matter of fact we still don't even have all the facts on this event.

bball":17s3lmwg said:
Caustic Burno":17s3lmwg said:

Absolutely. Nailed. It.
This is the fundamental problem when dealing with an extremist mentality. There is no rational, balanced thought process that allows for negotiations and compromise in the middle ground. It's all or nothing when dealing with this mentality. The longer we flinch, the more likely we are to end up with a black eye (or worse) A sucker punch is a sucker punch, no matter who throws it. The days of looking your adversary in the eye are long gone. Just wish the liberal 'humanitarian' types would realize that when they are so quick to defend these 'humans'. But like most things in life, people really don't understand until it directly impacts themselves....and with respect to this growing 'challenge', by then, it will be too late.

What most don't get a dump truck full of explosives pulls up and there are 10 of them and 10 Americans.
In a fight to see who drives the truck the winner over there gets to drive.
The looser here.
When dealing with this mentality the best option is strike first and kill everything from a Shanghai rooster to a Durham cow.
As Patton said no one ever won a war dying for his country he won by killing the enemy.

Now for the real shocker Americans have not woke up to we are at WAR.

Caustic Burno":ue9wlzch said:
bball":ue9wlzch said:
Caustic Burno":ue9wlzch said:

Absolutely. Nailed. It.

What most don't get a dump truck full of explosives pulls up and there are 10 of them and 10 Americans.
In a fight to see who drives the truck the winner over there gets to drive.
The looser here.
When dealing with this mentality the best option is strike first and kill everything from a Shanghai rooster to a Durham cow.
As Patton said no one ever won a war dying for his country he won by killing the enemy.

Now for the real shocker Americans have not woke up to we are at WAR.
the idea of war is not to die for your country but to make the other poor guy die for his

Anyone else notice that we got our guys back yesterday and released 10 prisoners from Guantanamo today?
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-g ... LC20160114
Anyone here actually believe the 2 releases aren't related in spite of what the US govt says?

And whats up with that public apology and admission of wrongdoing/guilt the US sailor gave in front of Iran tv cameras?
Whatever happened to "name, rank, and service #" ?

We can only hope that we survive another year, because nothing will be done in our favor until the present goof-off is gone.

Side note: The man is a tremendous narcissist and Congress should start the wheels turning to defund his presidential library. This would kick him where it hurts.

Status
Not open for further replies.