Our new SAF Directive daughters (update 6/9/09)

Help Support CattleToday:

Arkieman

Reaction score
Born this morning, about 8 days early. We have 3 more to go!

DSC_00092.jpg

Congratulations. I hope you have 3 more just like her. Directive daughters make good cows. We have one Directive 3 yr old that has raised a daughter that is the best heifer in the replacement pen and her bull calf on her now will probably be breeding cows for us this time next year. Used the last straw of Directive I have this December. I havent decided if I am using him or his half brother SAF Connection on the heifers next year, probably alittle of both.

Who is the cow sired by??

jscunn":15m00hqu said:
Congratulations. I hope you have 3 more just like her. Directive daughters make good cows. We have one Directive 3 yr old that has raised a daughter that is the best heifer in the replacement pen and her bull calf on her now will probably be breeding cows for us this time next year. Used the last straw of Directive I have this December. I havent decided if I am using him or his half brother SAF Connection on the heifers next year, probably alittle of both.

Who is the cow sired by??

She's commercial bred by Gardiner bulls. We intended to use Connection, but miscommunication by our AI guy and semen rep left us w/ Directive.

The Directive's tend have nicer udders with better preweaning growth, the Connection's tend to have more depth of body and really good dispositions. Good luck with her looks like her moma is a nice young cow.

Thanks! We hope she's a keeper. We're trying to put together a nice herd (hopefully a college fund). Son will be 14 this year so I'm running out of time!!

I guess I got a headstart on you. My son's "college fund" cow is a Connection daughter that had her first calf this past fall. My son is 7 so I have alittle more time, good luck. I think you are off to a nice start.

Keep us posted on the rest of them.

Nice calf, hope you have success with the rest! A good investment for your son as well!

Thought I'd update the pics of our Directive calves. They are 3 months old now and I'm pleased so far.

Here's the first heifer

21_heifer.jpg

The next heifer (out of the motley faced cow)

Spot_heifer.jpg

And the bull calf - not pictured in the first post

170_bull.jpg

Latest posts