Our new Pastor

Help Support CattleToday:

certherfbeef

Reaction score
The Preacher just got done making the entire congregation turn around and look at me. :oops:
Good man, that Pastor Wayne, but he has a big mouth.
He's only been here since January and had big shoes to fill. Doing just fine so far...well up till this morning.

Him, his wife and teenage daughter just bought a small place that boarders ours. He decided he wanted to move in some of the bigger things on friday. Being a good neighbor, I offered the stock trailer. It is spotless (cleaner than my house) and we could move all of it at once. He thought that was a good idea. After loading up his things we talked for a bit and he noticed the broken belts on one of the trailer tires. Told him I hauled a lot heavier load on it last week and had no problems. I started to the farm, Paster Wayne in tow, he thinks that tire is going to blow. :roll:

Mooving at a pretty good clip along the county road guess what...yep the tires goes. Doesn't just go flat...it BLOWS. Like a gunshot. I pull over, no problem I have a spare and a ??jack??
No jack but I have a piece of a 6X6 that acts as my emergency break. Managed to get the trailer pulled up on the block and procede to change the tire. In the meantime, the pastor's wife is having a fit because I'm changing this tire and didn't call a service truck (city folk :roll: ) she is on the cell phone to local sherrif. HE comes out...
Now those of you that have met me know I'm not the lady in distress type. Sherrif stops out on his way home from the county fair with a load of cattle. He is all ready to haul any critters on home for me if need be. Then he procedes to laugh at my load. NEXT, after I have the tire changed and the trailer off the block, mr. sherrif looks in the bed of my truck. Which has set at 3 county fairs so far and not been cleaned out. Any brand of alcoholic beverage you can imagine, there is an empty for each one times 10 laying in my truck bed. Pastor Wayne's wife is in the middle of a nervous breakdown...beer bottles in the bed, those are open containers!!! She is a little flighty anyway.
Pastor Wayne gives me a funny look. He looks at the sherrif...and they both laugh.
Just so happens that the sherrif was responsible for several of those empties to say the least.
We finally got the Pastor moved into his new place. He was greatful for my help, the good laughs he got, and the oh so enjoyable sermen he gave because of it this morning.
Glad he enjoyed himself.
Guess you had to be there to see the Pastor's wife thru all of this. Doesn't sound as funny as it was when it happened.

Hilarious, cert. I'm laughing out loud right now. Partly because I just came back from town to get a little deep freeze to keep in the house, and I had to clean out the bed of the truck so it'd fit in. I remembered thinking that I'd better get rid of the assorted beverage cans in case one of my students helps me load up the dang freezer.

Oh, and don't you just love 'city girls'? ;-)

:)

Beefy":2q0zkav9 said:
10 coronas?

OOPS!! Guess not every alcoholic beverage. No one around here drinks that stuff. Too high class for us. That is for important folk in Houston.

hey certs next time you help the preacher.take the beer bottles out of the truck bed lololol.i bet you did sink down in the pew.with him telling what happened.weve had our pastor 7yrs.an he does the exact samething.will try to embarrass you from the pulpit.has tryed to embarrass me a few times.he is a farmer.has broiler houses an cattle.so when he needs to make long runs for the farm i get to go with him.scott

Wilson_Cattle_Company":2zqdx2h8 said:
Any Coors Light cans back there still full? ;-)

Now come on Avery. Haven't you ever been to a county fair? The pick up you happen to be closest to get's designated to hold the empties.

Lots of Coors Light cans and long necks, all empty.

certherfbeef":3nms5yz8 said:
Wilson_Cattle_Company":3nms5yz8 said:
Any Coors Light cans back there still full? ;-)

Now come on Avery. Haven't you ever been to a county fair? The pick up you happen to be closest to get's designated to hold the empties.

Lots of Coors Light cans and long necks, all empty.

LOL durn...

My pickup collects all kinds of beer cans and bottles on the weekends.....

Guess people cant see its a flatbed :shock: I have to clean it off the next morning :cboy:

Latest posts