Our local show

Help Support CattleToday:

Australian

Reaction score
Northern New England Region, Tenterfield NSW Austr
Just had our local show. Best cattle numbers for years. Good thing I didn't take my usual 20 head. Wouldn't be enough sheds. 14 Breeds were shown.
Brahman,Braford,Brangus,Santa Gertrudis, Poll Hereford,Murray Grey,Dexter,Limousin, Charolais,British White,Angus,Devon and Red Poll. Two very dopey judges. Neither could speak very well. There were 50 head shown. Supreme bull of the show was a red factor Charolais and the supreme female was an Angus. Breeders group was won by the Angus.The supreme female the Angus cow had a 6 months old bull calf walking by her side which didn't belong to her. It was some other cows calf. Talk about cheating.It stayed hot and fine for the day, despite the need for rain. A couple of my animals would have stood up well in the interbreed had I taken them. :tiphat:

Australian":2bnf9gvc said:
Just had our local show. Best cattle numbers for years. Good thing I didn't take my usual 20 head. Wouldn't be enough sheds. 14 Breeds were shown.
Brahman,Braford,Brangus,Santa Gertrudis, Poll Hereford,Murray Grey,Dexter,Limousin, Charolais,British White,Angus,Devon and Red Poll. Two very dopey judges. Neither could speak very well. There were 50 head shown. Supreme bull of the show was a red factor Charolais and the supreme female was an Angus. Breeders group was won by the Angus.The supreme female the Angus cow had a 6 months old bull calf walking by her side which didn't belong to her. It was some other cows calf. Talk about cheating.It stayed hot and fine for the day, despite the need for rain. A couple of my animals would have stood up well in the interbreed had I taken them. :tiphat:
:shock: :eek: :? What!!!????

wow that is terrible! I take it the judge didn't know. Your shows sound very diverse compared to the ones we have here in Maine with about 5 breeds, must be a lot more interesting to watch. Why didn't you take your animals?

congrats on the good showing colin

our local show is this coming saturday, the 14th. Hope we get as many cattle as you did. with mick o sullivan and several other prominant breeders and fitters leaving us to move north, it is a struggle. towards the end of last year one of our local shows only had six head, three were from us after they called and asked us to come and three were from the chief steward.

going crazy trying to organise the goat section. no judge a week before the show

Lovemoo. Most of the northern shows here in Australia have a variety of cattle. Different parts have different breeds as you would expect. The further north most have Brahmans,Brafords Santas,Droughtmasters,Belmonts,Charbray,Brahmousin,Sahiwal,Brangus. In our area we have a mix of Tropical and British and a European.
Keren hope all goes well with your show. Cattle numbers have been good. Stanthorpe show just over the border had over 200 head last week. Next week is Glenn Innes to our south will most probaly have up to 200. Guyra show to the South of Glen Innes will probably have 300 head,because it is the New England Stud Beef Show ( a feature type show that goes between Glen Innes, Armidale,Guyra,Walcha and Inverell in turn) Would love to get it extended to Tenterfield. We get more coastal cattle than the others.
Good luck Colin
I just got too busy too get my big team organised plus I didn't have any helpers.

Latest posts