Our local show was a huge success!

Help Support CattleToday:

Keren

Reaction score
My little patch of earth, Perth, WA, Australia
We had our local one-day show on Saturday, and it was amazing!

We only took two of the MGs, the heifer Rosita, plus the older bull, Cappucino. Cappa won his class, Champ Snr Bull, Grand Champ Bull and Supreme Exhibit. The heifer placed second in her class to a very good limousin heifer which ended up Jnr Champ Female and Grand Champ female. She was a hair away from being given the reserve, but missed out. We got a lot of very positive comments on both the heifer and the bull.

I didnt get any photos because I didnt lead them this time round . . . I was busy doing something else . . .

I was the Chief Steward of the goat section, the very first time goat classes have been offerred at our show. The committee was fairly hesitant when I first spoke to them about it, but I have to say it was a resounding success. We had 47 goats entered from 5 different exhibitors, and another 7 goats on display to show different breeds and crossbreeds. We got heaps of enquiries from people wanting breeding stock, including one enquiry from a local agricultural school wanted to establish a school stud. We sold four boer wethers and one angora wether (mine) on the day.

With my goats (I exhibited two stud does, one commercial doe, and three wethers) I recieved a third for the commercial doe, two firsts and a second with the wethers, and got Champion and Reserve Champion Wether.

Being chief steward I was also official photographer, so here are the photos of all the champion goats:

Vesty Olivia, Champion Doe and Supreme Exhibit, owned by Judy and Kevin Vesty
Henty_show_photos_028b.jpg

Campbell's Tindarra Abigail, Reserve Champion Doe, owned by Judy and Kevin Vesty
Henty_show_photos_074.JPG

Franklin Park Big Butt, Champion Buck, owned by Linda Jewkes
Henty_show_photos_081.JPG

Franklin Park Buckley, Reserve Champion Buck, owned by Paul Passlow (an awful photo, he wouldnt stand he just wanted to fight the other bucks, he is not really swaybacked and short bodied)
Henty_show_photos_080.JPG

Champion Commercial Doe, Franklin Park Caress, owned by Linda Jewkes
Henty_show_photos_087.JPG

Reserve Champion Commercial Doe, Franklin Park 277, owned by Linda Jewkes
Henty_show_photos_084.JPG

Champion Wether, Little Red, owned by Keren Muthsam
Henty_show_photos_090.JPG

Reserve Champion Wether, Pacqio Charlie, owned by Keren Muthsam
Henty_show_photos_093.JPG

Love to hear anyone's opinions on the goats, and the heifer and bull also (they have been posted elsewhere at some point or other).

Congrats Keren!

On both the MGs and the goats!

Especially the Champion and Reserve Wether :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

GOOD JOB!!!!! can we get some pictures of your trailers over there??? they look mighty different

Latest posts