our governments better idea

Help Support CattleToday:

The M-44 is nothing new. It has been used for a number of years, more like decades. They are pretty good for coyote control. Setting them that close to a house would certainly not be standard procedure. It makes one wonder about who and when they were set. I see no admission in the article from USDA about them knowing who or when they were set. Those things will keep working until sprung. Even after the bait has rotted away they will still discharge if the trigger is pulled. And the boy pulled the trigger. Was this set years ago and forgotten about? Did an anger neighbor get ahold of some and set them?
There was an article in last week's Capital Press that told about a wolf in Oregon that found a M-44. One less wolf doesn't bother the ranchers in the area. But the wolf lovers are sort of up in arms.

Dave":24s8e9oz said:
The M-44 is nothing new. It has been used for a number of years, more like decades. They are pretty good for coyote control. Setting them that close to a house would certainly not be standard procedure. It makes one wonder about who and when they were set. I see no admission in the article from USDA about them knowing who or when they were set. Those things will keep working until sprung. Even after the bait has rotted away they will still discharge if the trigger is pulled. And the boy pulled the trigger. Was this set years ago and forgotten about? Did an anger neighbor get ahold of some and set them?
There was an article in last week's Capital Press that told about a wolf in Oregon that found a M-44. One less wolf doesn't bother the ranchers in the area. But the wolf lovers are sort of up in arms.

If I remember correctly the Orange die indicates a usda set gun.
Individuals with applicator license are issued different colors. The things of course would be easy enough to steal.
Always amazed me how quick they appeared to kill. A coyote that pulled one would usually be within 20 yards. Shame they don't work on pigs.

True Grit Farms":28haa520 said:
ga.prime":28haa520 said:
I think the government got the idea for that device from a consensus of CT members.

There's a big difference between public property and private property.
But for whose benefit are they set in either case? Livestock farmers is who.

Latest posts