our first ET calf is here!

Help Support CattleToday:

George Monk

Reaction score
say hello to Olivia Travel Ext 1016
this is the first of what I hope to 40 et calves.
102_3943.JPG

102_3941.JPG

Ext daughter with QAS on the dam side :D

George Monk":2uu8kseu said:
say hello to Olivia Travel Ext 1016
this is the first of what I hope to 40 et calves.
Ext daughter with QAS on the dam side :D

QAS is Quentin and Ann Stevick's herd prefix, from Pincher Creek, Alta (nice people too) . Do you perhaps mean QAS Traveller?

This beginnner wants to know what ET means, and please don't say, "extra terrestrial" 'cause I ain't buying it!

You don't mean embryo transfer, do you? If so, what would make the cost worthwhile? :shock:

Little Cow":3gk1vzvi said:
This beginnner wants to know what ET means, and please don't say, "extra terrestrial" 'cause I ain't buying it!

You don't mean embryo transfer, do you? If so, what would make the cost worthwhile? :shock:

Yes, ET is embryo transfer

Little Cow":15pdaokj said:

The cost of flushing a cow is quite reasonable now a days.

Frankie,This spring we are anticipating 7 et calves. they are all this same breeding. this fall we are planning on putting in somewhere around 70 embryos from various breedings. Some will be the same but others include traveler, Vermillion Dateline, and gridmakers.
The cost is very reasonable (I have fantastic people helping me) and has got us a in a position that would have taken a generation or more to see. My dad (85) and my son (16) were looking at the 4 others that have been born and were marveling where my son (my dad's grandchildren) will be compared to what he and I had to do. The speed of improvement in our herd in unimaginable to him and facinating to me. I am the Luckiest Man in Cooper County. (our "ranch" name is LMCC).

Latest posts