our baby highland is here!

Help Support CattleToday:

Diehard40":1t10m2ga said:
:lol:

couldn't resist most of you know my stand on Highland cattle.

I could care less about your stand on Highland cattle it was your remark about Highland "folks" that prompted my responce.

Highland folk in Canada may be a little different where it actually gets cold enough and the climate may suit them then the highland folk in the southern part of U.S. Around here all they are good for is pasture ornaments.

Diehard40":ip0ygget said:
Highland folk in Canada may be a little different where it actually gets cold enough and the climate may suit them then the highland folk in the southern part of U.S. Around here all they are good for is pasture ornaments.

Now you sound a bit more reasonable.
What part of SC are you in? I have relatives in Fairplay SC

S.R.R.
I hate to say as some relative local highland people may hunt me down and shoot me, but i know the fairplay area fairly well.

TurnThatCowLooseMaw":8hvkw8pt said:
Good way for baby to get navel ill and every other sickness that might be in the barn. I leave em in the pasture where they belong even if it is only 18 degrees outside in december and raining.
i would take my chances on navel ill. we don't see much rain around 18 degrees :cboy: . but at around 39 degrees and raining cattle body temp starts to decline and is worse on them than a dry 18

S.R.R.":k0d9gk91 said:
Diehard40":k0d9gk91 said:
Bez,
remember you are talking to Highland folk. They don't work on the same level as other cattle producers. :)

I know it is obvious but I have got to say it!

Diehard40 you are an idiot! :roll:

S.R.R. said it perfectly there...

when i put him in the barn i was worried about coyottes, they were comming in close, i know they can take of there selves{the cows} but i guess i had "new calf jetters" mom and baby are turned out with the heard now, he is skipping around nipping on grass, momma is keeping him close 4 days old and he looks like hes grown alot already..
not only am i "highland folk but mule folk also" hummm whata combo. LOL i always take the rd less travled, some times make my own LOL thanks for advice guys.. Rose
IM000870.jpg

IM000877.jpg

at the risk of sounding unprofessional and really, really "girlie"

"That is the most adoreable baby calf! OMG, I could just hug him like a little teddy bear."

OK, I've gotten myself under control again.

Alice

Glad to hear things are going well and you put them back out on pasture. With a herd of Highland I would not let the coyots worry you to much that is one of the bonuses of having them! ;-)

up date on my little "blue boy" he has turned almost white now. like a light dusty gray/white.. he runs and bucks he wont let you touch he now that he has discovered freedom LOL. he'll come a couple feet from me and zip off.. LOL hes growing good. Rose

brownmule":1aes2sd5 said:
up date on my little "blue boy" he has turned almost white now. like a light dusty gray/white.. he runs and bucks he wont let you touch he now that he has discovered freedom LOL. he'll come a couple feet from me and zip off.. LOL hes growing good. Rose

How dare you post this without more photo's???

I wanna see Alice go all "girlie" again!! :lol: :lol:

AngusLimoX":c4d1hbdz said:

Post a picture of that precious little guy and watch my smoke! :D

Alice

yikes ! sorry about the tease LOL to day i was down on the farm but was building fence, next couple days i promise ill take a couple snap shots.. :cboy: rose

osu shorty":vo92ltuu said:
He's adorable. If only all babies stayed babies lol

That's true. The dog was barking last evening. I went out and found a baby armadillo. It was even cute.

That's true. The dog was barking last evening. I went out and found a baby armadillo. It was even cute.[/quote]

awaaa baby armadillo.. thats would be somthing to see.. we dont have those critters here in wva.. bet it was tiny.. nature is truly wonderfull not matter what form it come in , 8) Rose

AngusLimoX":27jau399 said:
brownmule":27jau399 said:

Looks like that didn't work out very well...

Alice

Latest posts