Our 4H calves

Help Support CattleToday:

randiliana

Reaction score
Here are the kids' 4H calves. Daughter is still a cloverbud, so she can show a baby calf. Son is a Junior. The pics were taken the day we bathed and clipped them, but I notice I didn't get any after shots :oops:

This is Curley. She was born April 2 and is a twin. She is now on the nurse cow with 2 other calves and is getting supplemented with a bottle a day too, and some calf starter.

tn_DSC08260.jpg

tn_DSC08266.jpg

tn_DSC08264.jpg

And, this is Buddy the Third (I think he should have been named Mozart :lol2: ). He weighes in at 1150 right now and has about a Month to go til show day. Achievement day is in about 2 weeks.

tn_DSC08259.jpg

tn_DSC08258.jpg

tn_DSC08254.jpg

tn_DSC08253.jpg

Nice animals that, last on looks like it has a long head.(maybe just hair)

Calf looks "purrrfect" for your little girl. Very stylish calf. What is the noose around the neck?
Also, what's with all the poll hair? Around here, we pretty much shave all the poll off except for just a little tuff to complete the peak. They may leave a little more on steers, but no where that much.
Kids look like they're having fun! that's the name of the game!

Jeanne - Simme Valley":3lgigugv said:
Calf looks "purrrfect" for your little girl. Very stylish calf. What is the noose around the neck?
Also, what's with all the poll hair? Around here, we pretty much shave all the poll off except for just a little tuff to complete the peak. They may leave a little more on steers, but no where that much.
Kids look like they're having fun! that's the name of the game!

The noose is just extra rope off the halter, it is home made, for a big calf, but adjustable down to baby size. We just resized it, and hadn't cut the rope off yet.

The poll hair was just me playing around with the blower. I thought he looked funny, so I snapped a bunch of photos. Nobody else thought it looked all that good though ;-) . He's hairless now, but I haven't had a chance to snap any photos.

C farmer, that is just all hair.

Mozart is right. Nice little heifer. I quite like the steer, hopefully he can put on a bit more weight around his rear in the next few weeks.

WEll, thank you everyone. I do have updated pics, and once I get them cropped and such, I will post them here too. The calves look good all clipped up.

nice calves. i'd like to see the steer with a little bit more neck extension but they both look good. good luck with them!

Latest posts