OU

Help Support CattleToday:

if we could've just skipped the 3rd quarter............ :lol: :lol: :lol:

i agree.......excellent game!!

BEST Football game I have EVER been to!!!

As a football fan it was great, As an AGGIE is was tough we were so close

I think we gave em a harder time then most people thought. After giving away the Baylor game and losing ALL respect I hope we got a little back even if we did get outscored.

Actually it just showed how flawed OU is this yr. They've now given up 71 pts in the last 2 weeks. Have a heck of an offense, but they ain't gonna score 36+ pts every weekend. They need to shore up that defense before January!

eric":2xza4n3s said:
Actually it just showed how flawed OU is this yr. They've now given up 71 pts in the last 2 weeks. Have a heck of an offense, but they ain't gonna score 36+ pts every weekend. They need to shore up that defense before January!

maybe it shows the flaws of the bcs polls & the ranking system going into a new season? could OU have started out ranked a little higher this year than they should've been?

Time will tell. :lol: ;-)
bio_graphic.gif

fellersbarnoneranch":25u186wh said:

i know what you're saying & i personally have no problem w/OU playing for nat'l championship. they have a good program and a good team.

what i will question is the ranking system. imo (& i know i'm not alone in this), the whole ranking system has some flaws. the top-ranked teams may never play each other so who's to say that a #2 ranked team is better than the #3 ranked team if they're in different leagues & playing different teams. the #3 ranked team may be better but won't get a chance to play the #1 team just because of their ranking.

txag":3tf6dtty said:
fellersbarnoneranch":3tf6dtty said:

i know what you're saying & i personally have no problem w/OU playing for nat'l championship. they have a good program and a good team.

what i will question is the ranking system. imo (& i know i'm not alone in this), the whole ranking system has some flaws. the top-ranked teams may never play each other so who's to say that a #2 ranked team is better than the #3 ranked team if they're in different leagues & playing different teams. the #3 ranked team may be better but won't get a chance to play the #1 team just because of their ranking.

2 words....MONEY and POLITICS

And what stinks about it is that unless OU loses a game, they ain't gonna fall from number 2! Maybe we'll get the USC / OU game we wanted last yr. Preseason polls are pretty much a guess all the way around, but I guess someone has to be number 1 when it starts! I just hope we have at least 3 undefeated teams again this yr, so maybe the BCS will be a yr closer to getting scrapped.

Latest posts