"Other Livestock" sub-forum

Help Support CattleToday:

FarmGirl10

Reaction score
Would anyone be interested in or want to use one? A few people (Keren in particular) have other species and often like to make posts about them in very random spots. I think it would be nice to have a spot to talk about other livestock. What do you think?

Sounds like a reasonable suggestion. Imagine the ad revenue generation increase if there was a political forum.

HerefordSire":17epcbbt said:
Sounds like a reasonable suggestion. Imagine the ad revenue generation increase if there was a political forum.

There is, it's ranchers.net

dun":3gldz8bi said:
HerefordSire":3gldz8bi said:

There is, it's ranchers.net

I have been reading it for a couple of years. After about 1.5 years, I decided to register. The system would not let me for some technical reason...like my email address wasn't valid, but I know it is and was because I have had it for about 12-15 years or so.

I think it's a good idea. I have things to do with sheep and pigs myself and it doesn't seem quite right putting into the cats and dogs one. :roll:

HS you can use the same user name and email address that you use on CT (unless someone else is already using them). Also, if you get booted on one I don't think you will get booted on the other.. :lol2:

FarmGirl10":2pdkk8ag said:
Would anyone be interested in or want to use one? A few people (Keren in particular) have other species and often like to make posts about them in very random spots. I think it would be nice to have a spot to talk about other livestock. What do you think?

I think these boards are called "cattle" today for a reason. There are other boards to discuss goats(a good one is Goat Wisdom), and other animals. Another pretty good goat forum is Goat Talk. No, I don't think we need another topic.

FarmGirl10":vrowljfd said:

I'm very active (a mod) on a goat forum called The Goat Spot. I do a lot of goat talk there.

I occasionally post pics of my goats here because I like the people here on cattle today, I knew you all before I found the other forum, I had cattle before I got goats, and cattle people think differently to a lot of the goat people on TGS. Not saying thats a bad thing, just sometimes I like to get an opinion from cattle people.

Why not just go down to the Everything else board and start posting.
I like the pictures of other animals also.
After all theirs plenty of talk of mules there.
And after all it say's everything else and that could include just about anything.

Cal

brandonm_13":1zihy859 said:
Why not? We have a horse forum and it's still called cattle today.

Yes, and there are also forums on gardening, dogs, cats, other pets, sports, hunting, fishing, wildlife, recipes and cooking. None of these are directly related to cattle in any way. True, most of us, if not all of us, found this site because of our interest in cattle. But the variety of topics, and the ability to discuss other areas of common interest, is what sets this site apart from most of the others. "Variety is the spice of life" and all that.

That being said, I agree with Calman. When in doubt, put it on the Everything Else Board. People will see it and if they're interested, they'll respond.

FarmGirl and Karen, on a "other livestock" forum you might get 2 responses ad 20 views. I f you post a thread on the "everything else" forum you might get 6 pages. :D :cowboy:

When in doubt stick it on the 'Everything Else Board' or in 'Coffee Shop' you'll soon be told where to post by someone. It is nice to see other topics not just Cattle as it is variety that makes these boards unique and interesting, a look into others lives and how they deal with things, gives you ideas and sometimes a different prospective on something. JMO,

mnmtranching":1cglxrya said:
FarmGirl and Karen, on a "other livestock" forum you might get 2 responses ad 20 views. I f you post a thread on the "everything else" forum you might get 6 pages. :D :cowboy:

Just to clarify, I'm not supporting the development of a new 'other livestock' forum.

I like it just the way it is. But I must not have made that clear :???:

Keren":rl40gw1s said:
mnmtranching":rl40gw1s said:

Just to clarify, I'm not supporting the development of a new 'other livestock' forum.

I like it just the way it is. But I must not have made that clear :???:

You are loud and clear now. :oops: Thanks for the straightening. :D

Latest posts