Other interests

Help Support CattleToday:

That's not too far from us, and a place I hope one day to visit. Glad for the good report!
Faster horses..
Younger women...
Older whiskey....
And more money.....

View attachment 2709View attachment 2710
I used to hunt, but then I got into reloading -- reloading is more fun! I'd rather reload than shoot!
The Little Bighorn battlefields was one of my favorite places I have ever visited on a vacation. What made it special was the park ranger who did about a 30 minute narrative of how it all went down. There was about 75 people in the group that he spoke too and there was complete silence from start to finish. It was a fascinating recollection of history. I highly recommend it if you are in the Yellowstone area.

Building PC s use to be a hobby of mine. My first PC I bought in the early 80s an 8086 processor running DOS, with 5 1/4 floppies, 10 mb HD and cost over $2000 then. The IBM PC 1 I used at work then did not even have a HD. My current PC is an AMD Ryzen 7 4700G I have had a couple years and I have some older backups. I use to build my PC s and then sell in a year or two and build better. Now a package deal already assembled like I want is cheaper than I can build.

When I have time I like working on junk. I can get in my little world, concentrate and 8/10 hours passes in what seems like 2. Some brands I don't like working on as much and some not worth fixing, but I have not seen a 2-cycle engine I can't figure out and fix.
I've got an old Arctic Cat Jag you can have for cheap! Needs a little 2-cycle TLC.
[h3][/h3]

The Little Bighorn battlefields was one of my favorite places I have ever visited on a vacation. What made it special was the park ranger who did about a 30 minute narrative of how it all went down. There was about 75 people in the group that he spoke too and there was complete silence from start to finish. It was a fascinating recollection of history. I highly recommend it if you are in the Yellowstone area.
Helped drop some HALO jumpers on the Crow Indian Days right outside of the battlefield during my past life. Pilots put us down on the wrong LZ and we got to watch a heck of a rodeo. Horses don't approve much of a CH-47. Looked like a good time.

I'm curious as to what people here enjoy doing outside the farm/ranch/hunting-fishing spectrum. It doesn't have to be earth shattering, but just simple things you enjoy. Maybe you like golf, stamp collecting, karaoke, dining out, wood working, or collecting old records.

Thats is an excellent question. I offer wonder what people do in their spare time if there is such a thing. What do you enjoy doing?
My favorite thing is spending time with my husband and children. We enjoy outdoors, hiking, fishing, camping, (I did some... even doe that is weird packing up a ton of crap just to unpack to repack and unpack, to sleep like a homeless person . 😆 OH OK! Who's non-sense idea was that. Its fun in some weird twisted way. ) traveling, working out, work, dirt bikes.... coffee and sitting in my chair watching dateline, first 48, ect 😉

For years I built primitive bows for hunting and custom bait cast rods. Arthritis took care of that. Now when I am not fishing or hunting I am playing with 2D and collect pocket watches.

Attachments

• DAF57E96-C9D2-42CF-A072-CD9F0581655C.jpeg
    DAF57E96-C9D2-42CF-A072-CD9F0581655C.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
  • A004BC9E-C961-4A85-98B5-219B2CCC4129.jpeg
    A004BC9E-C961-4A85-98B5-219B2CCC4129.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 15
For years I built primitive bows for hunting and custom bait cast rods. Arthritis took care of that. Now when I am not fishing or hunting I am playing with 2D and collect pocket watches.
What type of wood did you use to build the bows? I have a friend that gifted me one that he made from the Osage Orange trees that grow on some property my wife used to own.

I've got an old Arctic Cat Jag you can have for cheap! Needs a little 2-cycle TLC.
Thanks for the generous offer, but as I right now more projects than time to fix. Nobody fixes much anymore, so I can find plenty, but some people are proud of their junk as you just have to sort them out. I have a couple tractors than needs clutches right now.

Building PC s use to be a hobby of mine. My first PC I bought in the early 80s an 8086 processor running DOS, with 5 1/4 floppies, 10 mb HD and cost over $2000 then. The IBM PC 1 I used at work then did not even have a HD. My current PC is an AMD Ryzen 7 4700G I have had a couple years and I have some older backups. I use to build my PC s and then sell in a year or two and build better. Now a package deal already assembled like I want is cheaper than I can build.

When I have time I like working on junk. I can get in my little world, concentrate and 8/10 hours passes in what seems like 2. Some brands I don't like working on as much and some not worth fixing, but I have not seen a 2-cycle engine I can't figure out and fix.
[h3][/h3]
I remember the old 8086 processor you could turn it on and go eat breakfast before it would boot up

I collect and propagate improved nut & fruit trees - hickories and pecans are my main passion - I've probably got 40+ named hickory selections, and a similar number of pecan cultivars grafted & growing here, but I'm also an obsessive collector of superior persimmon, pear, and mulberry varieties.
Play a little guitar, and even less banjo & piano... but with arthritis in my hands/shoulders getting worse, it's harder and harder all the time - bought a dobro a year or so back... just haven't made time to do anything with it yet.
Used to play around doing a little flintknapping.

I remember the old 8086 processor you could turn it on and go eat breakfast before it would boot up
I've used the 8051 as recently as 2003. Awesome chip for embedded applications. Couldn't imagine running a PC with it though.

I collect and propagate improved nut & fruit trees - hickories and pecans are my main passion - I've probably got 40+ named hickory selections, and a similar number of pecan cultivars grafted & growing here, but I'm also an obsessive collector of superior persimmon, pear, and mulberry varieties.
Play a little guitar, and even less banjo & piano... but with arthritis in my hands/shoulders getting worse, it's harder and harder all the time - bought a dobro a year or so back... just haven't made time to do anything with it yet.
Used to play around doing a little flintknapping.
Do you sell any of the persimmon or mulberry? My mulberry are getting old and starting to die off.

We like to travel, whether it is the RV or just renting cabins as we go. Road trips are my fav. I like the Colorado, Wyoming area as well as Florida
Rv and cabins ya'll travel fancy. 😉 We get the cheapest roach hotels eat beans and travel more. 😁 For real before children we would sleep in the truck to have more money to travel. Don't hate. 🙌🏾
We haven't explored Wyoming, Dakotas, & Montana. We been wanting to go to Yellow stone and all the National parks up that way. We never know when is a good least busy time to go. We went to Yosemite it was horrible. It was so crowed couldn't enjoy it. Everybody always talks about how wonderful Yosemite is . I'm not sure if they are crowd friendly but that's definitely not my type of enjoyment. Packed on a bus stuff full and packed on hiking trails with people loud as 🤬. Rude pushes people, remind me of shopping black Friday. 😡🤬 Made us nervous about going to another big National Park.
My brother live in Colorado. We have hiked 14ers there. Very cool.
The outer banks North Carolina is a cool place ya'll should check it out.

I thought I was in high cotton with that 8086 processor and it was slow booting up, especially if you had a lot of drivers installed. I then got a 286 processor and ran DOS 5.0 as I had a pretty nice setup. I upgraded to a 386 processor and then Windows 2.0 stated becoming a popular Operating system and the 386 would barely run it, so I got a 486 processor. After that I had several Pentium computers I build and built several for others. That is one hobby looking back I am glad I don't do as much now.

Buying a computer in 1989 for a new startup company and the guy building the computer said it has 20 meg of memory (hard disk space) and that it would be more than I would ever need.

Buying a computer in 1989 for a new startup company and the guy building the computer said it has 20 meg of memory (hard disk space) and that it would be more than I would ever need.
I started with an 8086 (I think) back in 1985. Of course no hd, but a 5 1/2 floppy. I am sure I have a few of those around somewhere.
[h2][/h2]

LOL.
Yep. Bought a 286 in 1990...kid working with us at the time had just graduated with a degree in computer science. "You'll never need more than what this computer can do.", he said.

Latest posts