Oregon State Fair Pictures

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgirl_telly_369

Reaction score
SCRP Remington. April 4, 2009 Bull
P9070036.JPG

SCRP Legacy's Legend. January 10, 2009 bull.
P9070028.JPG

SCRP Scartlet Rose. December 2008 Heifer
P9060011.JPG

Australian":558fb4jw said:
Not very nice judging area. We have nice green grassed areas where we show. Were there any other Pinzgauers at the show?

That's an average US ring. The closets we get to grass is green shavings.

Cowboy 2.0":3duh7fdx said:
Australian":3duh7fdx said:
Not very nice judging area. We have nice green grassed areas where we show. Were there any other Pinzgauers at the show?

That's an average US ring. The closets we get to grass is green shavings.
Heh, ya, at county we show on dirt. Depending on when the water truck went through, it could also be mud.

Australian":18gsqc9k said:

There were 3 other Pinzgauer breeders there, which brought a total of 19 animals.

Were they all Pinzgauers that you took to the show? You would have been busy. I know what it's like to take big teams. How come the fair or show organizers don't give you exhibitors a nice area to display your cattle? I know I wouldn't go to one that didn't have nice facilities. I've been to some that have had dry ground but never dirt so to speak. I'll post some show pics in the next while just to show you the surfaces we get to show on. The Royal National Exhibition held in Brisbane has the nicest surface, couch grass about 3 inches long or so. Our local show is mostly kikuyu and is held in mid Summer so its easier to have it green then.
Colin

Australian":38oilenu said:
Were they all Pinzgauers that you took to the show? You would have been busy. I know what it's like to take big teams. How come the fair or show organizers don't give you exhibitors a nice area to display your cattle? I know I wouldn't go to one that didn't have nice facilities. I've been to some that have had dry ground but never dirt so to speak. I'll post some show pics in the next while just to show you the surfaces we get to show on. The Royal National Exhibition held in Brisbane has the nicest surface, couch grass about 3 inches long or so. Our local show is mostly kikuyu and is held in mid Summer so its easier to have it green then.
Colin

I'm not sure why they don't have the show ring covered at that fair. It's the only fair I've shown at that doesn't have a covered ring. The other fairs I show at are indoor and have shavings instead of dirt.

Okay Aussies, it is just the way it is in the states, we show on a tilled dirt arena, covered or not. I've been to the world Paint Horse show.... dirt arena. The Nugget Western National show in Reno... dirt arena. Many, many fairs, state and county (regional)... we show on tilled dirt.... it is what it is, Charolais, Hereford, Angus , Pinz... it's how it is.

Alan

cowgirl_telly_369":1rxnw62m said:
It's the only fair I've shown at that doesn't have a covered ring. The other fairs I show at are indoor and have shavings instead of dirt.

I could care less about the ground, last I checked the show animals aren't suppose to lay down in dirt or grass while being shown. Have you ever shown at the county level? Clatsop, Columbia or even Tillamook?

Thanks, Alan

Alan":14dcz3n5 said:
cowgirl_telly_369":14dcz3n5 said:
It's the only fair I've shown at that doesn't have a covered ring. The other fairs I show at are indoor and have shavings instead of dirt.

I could care less about the ground, last I checked the show animals aren't suppose to lay down in dirt or grass while being shown. Have you ever shown at the county level? Clatsop, Columbia or even Tillamook?

Thanks, Alan

I've never shown at Columbia or Tillamook. However, my 4-H show for the past 7 years has been Clatsop County. Just shavings on the dirt. I love it though because it's my county fair, I know all the people there, and it's an environment I'm used to. Now I'm on my way to being a 4-H leader down there.

Latest posts