ordered chicks

Help Support CattleToday:

bigbull338, did you see the contest for the chicken coop on Back Yard Chicken's forum? I liked this plan, but the house and the runs needed to be larger. I would need more room for the garden. But I liked their idea of how they rotated the chicken run back and forth each year with the garden. Of course you could adjust it accordingly. It would make a good chicken house/garden shed.
http://www.backyardchickens.com/web/vie ... p?id=7137-
Chuckie

yes chuckie i did see the coop contest.that is a nice coop.an your right its to small.my coop is 12 by 12.made out of sheet iron.then i have a 20 by 36 coop that i can use.make the coop as big as you think youll want it from the beginning.

We have one coop that was a tractor shed we converted, one that was a barn and four that are smaller and could be converted into stalls if we got out of chickens, which is something I dream of daily...

The old barn and the stalls are all connected so the chickens can have more room. That is where I keep my Barred Rocks.

Well my wife and I are in the middle of sending our broilers to freezer camp. We only have 29of the 32 we bought, but with the two of us that is plenty work wise and supply wise. Of course we will give some away also. We did not push them hard they are cornish/rock broilers and they are just great broiler size. Now I need to decide if I want a few turkeys or a few pheasants to go back in the poultry tractor.

Good luck everyone with your chickens.

yes get you some turkies an guienies to raise for eating.then you wont run out of meat till spring.

Latest posts