Order Buyers

Help Support CattleToday:

Herefordcross

Reaction score
Would you trust an order buyer? We are looking at some heifers that someone suggested that I amy be interested in at an upcoming sale but, we are unable to attend for various reasons.Have you ever used an Order Buyer?

As in so many things, it depends on the order buyer. We have a couple around here that are no more then jokeys another one that is a straight shooter. Those are the only 3 I know. Wouldn;t hesitate to use the latter, don;t even talk to the others.

dun

Order buyers around here can vary.
Some approach it as a tool to play games and make a few extra(over the /hd or lb fee) bucks along the way- and since thats what granddaddy did they think its fine.
Then theres the others that don't play games and just get their money /headorlb bought. And they usually charge more.

Ask around and you'll find one that will do you a good job-- I'd much rather pay a buyer than loose a whole day sitting around a salebarn for a few animals.
And they probably do a bettter job cause they have already established their pecking order and other buyers won't tend to run them as much as they would a hit and miss buyer.and the more you do anything the better you are going to be.

If you're talking about a sale like a production sale or dispersal type sale - most often the auction company will offer a buying service if you can't attend. If you're talking stockyards - I'd contact the manager for assistance. I have a real problem paying somebody a bunch of money just to stick their hand in the air and spend my money.

Latest posts