Orchard Grass

Help Support CattleToday:

Fargus,
You pinned the tail on the donkey! That fescue stays forever. Cows eat the fire out of it. Looks like I am going to have to give in to it. What about being scalped each time it is cut? I have sprayed Round Up on clumps of fescue before, and it will look dead, but it will be green again later. I am going to have to get in touch with my hay man again. I can hear it now! "You mean to tell me that you have been complaining about this orchard grass field for all these years, and now you want to plant fescue over it?" :banana:
I will say :nod: And if he starts yelling, then I will transform into :devil2: And he will have to drive the tractor drilling the seed, looking like this :secret:

Chuckie":32jzqy5g said:
Fargus,
You pinned the tail on the donkey! That fescue stays forever. Cows eat the fire out of it. Looks like I am going to have to give in to it. What about being scalped each time it is cut? I have sprayed Round Up on clumps of fescue before, and it will look dead, but it will be green again later. I am going to have to get in touch with my hay man again. I can hear it now! "You mean to tell me that you have been complaining about this orchard grass field for all these years, and now you want to plant fescue over it?" :banana:
I will say :nod: And if he starts yelling, then I will transform into :devil2: And he will have to drive the tractor drilling the seed, looking like this :secret:
When we first moved to this "fescue country" I hated the stuff and tried to eradicate it and replace it with OG, Timohty, Brome, Lespedza. After 3 years of drought I came to realize that the only grazing we had over the years was from the fescue. I still don;t love it, but it sure does make you fond of it when after so much abuse all it takes is a little rain and you have grazing again. Other then one 27 acre field of WSG (which is being taken over by fescue) all I do anymore is overseed clover, fertilize and lime. I've saved a lot of money over the past few years, once I gave in to the dark side.

Latest posts