Optimizer Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

Bright Raven

Reaction score
Optimizer Bull. 6 months old. Dam is a Grandmaster heifer from Double Diamond Farms, Cynthiana, KY. Her first calf is an Uno Mas heifer that I retained and bred in December to Elevate. She put a lot into her first two calves and is only about 1100 pounds - small in comparison to my others.

He was easy to halter break. I clipped him last week to knock the winter hair off prior to pouring with Ultra Boss.

vxzosx.jpg

talltimber":n9ozhmbd said:
just razzing

he looks fine for a rough spring clip. I don't clip any

Thanks. I started clipping when I started halter breaking fall 2015 calves.

Ron, Just continue on clipping you'll be good at it in no time I'm sure. Just got back from the Bulls of The Bluegrass Sale and was able to meet again one of the Double Diamond guys.

FlyingLSimmentals":1cjlp58v said:
Ron, Just continue on clipping you'll be good at it in no time I'm sure. Just got back from the Bulls of The Bluegrass Sale and was able to meet again one of the Double Diamond guys.

Kevin or Mike. Very nice people. Randy Wade is the father of the Twin girls. He is the patriarch. Tobacco is an important part of their farming operation. I was over there in December and they were stripping tobacco. Brought back a lot of memories but I would not want to raise tobacco again.

nice looking bull Ron.

Did the calf that I looked at last fall ever turn black? He was red then.

Carl the steer is going to get his first hair cut this weekend. Will post pictures. He looks really good.

Davemk":2fw3ldba said:
nice looking bull Ron.

Did the calf that I looked at last fall ever turn black? He was red then.

Carl the steer is going to get his first hair cut this weekend. Will post pictures. He looks really good.

Yep. The red is almost gone. Carl has to be gentle, his Dam is the most unusual cow I have ever heard of. I just came in. She follows me like love sick puppy.

TennesseeTuxedo":1tk4u8vu said:
Please don't push my bull on feed like that or he'll literally die on our farm.

NO SISSY BULLS!

TT. I cannot help it. I spoil them. Your bull has not put on the weight this one has.

None of these will fall apart, they've been on grass only since December. I'll even trim them up pretty if that's what you like.

That would make a good show steer Ron.

True Grit Farms":2r83swnq said:

None of these will fall apart, they've been on grass only since December. I'll even trim them up pretty if that's what you like.

Thanks. Those are nice bulls.

Bright Raven":1fo2fdmv said:
True Grit Farms":1fo2fdmv said:

Thanks. Those are nice bulls.

I'm trying to find a picture of a Optimizer show heifer, she has the same feet and blaze face. A guy from NC is coming to look at her this weekend. I bet that bull would be sharp looking all cleaned up and brushed out. The club calve guy's like the white feet, and the commercial guys don't around here.

Bright Raven":3w57kjm2 said:
True Grit Farms":3w57kjm2 said:

Here she is.

She is pretty. I like that chrome on her legs.

Grit: Do you have Simmental in your herd? I thought you were Angus.

Yes I have SimAngus, I used Angus for my females. Now we're pretty much going with all ET for the specialty sales. Trying to use AI and a good cow is a thing of the past for raising and selling breeding stock. Everyone is trying to AI, and the quality isn't there compared ET. The facts are, we can't get the same money as the heavy hitters, but we can raise the same quality of animal using ET. This journey is getting more exciting as we go.

True Grit Farms":33nvhyv0 said:
Bright Raven":33nvhyv0 said:
True Grit Farms":33nvhyv0 said:

Here she is.

She is pretty. I like that chrome on her legs.

Grit: Do you have Simmental in your herd? I thought you were Angus.

Yes I have SimAngus, I used Angus for my females. Now we're pretty much going with all ET for the specialty sales. Trying to use AI and a good cow is a thing of the past for raising and selling breeding stock. Everyone is trying to AI, and the quality isn't there compared ET. The facts are, we can't get the same money as the heavy hitters, but we can raise the same quality of animal using ET. This journey is getting more exciting as we go.

Same experience I have had. Reputation sells.

ET will advance your genetics rapidly but I enjoy being able to be independent of an embryologist. One of the foremost ET embryologist in the nation (Dr. James Spears) was my embryology professor. At the time, we were required to perform one successful embryo transfer on mice during the lab component of the course. Dr. Spears is now a board member of the American Embryo Transfer Association or he was. I guess a guy could learn on their own.

Latest posts