opinions

Help Support CattleToday:

bsr

Reaction score
please critique these cows
PICT0936.jpg

nap":2r7yr7yt said:
Nice well muscled calves. They look like F1s out of a Brahman Angus cross to me.
Where do you see calves (plural) or muscle (at all)?

Looks like a scrawny Brangus bottle calf to me....

I'm guessing bsr is having technical difficulties with pictures.

The picture I see is of a brangus type male calf that needs food and looks sickly. I know pictures can sometimes be un-flattering but this is not funny. Since the calf is a a holding pen of sorts, I have to ask, WHAT IS THE OWNER DOING???

dun":1jw10owt said:
nap":1jw10owt said:
Nice well muscled calves. They look like F1s out of a Brahman Angus cross to me.

Where do you see the muscle?

I was trying to be nice which I have been accused of not being in the past. I think the calf needs some feed and has the potential to increase his muscle development. I've found that out Brahman Limousine F1s start out slow but but come on later.

cypressfarms":3d72qh2t said:
I'm guessing bsr is having technical difficulties with pictures.

I sent him a pm of how to post them the easiest way. He still hasn;t picked it up

If this was my calf I sure wouldnt post it on here! He looks half starved to death and needs some groceries!

I guess to me it depends on what you are wanting to use the animal for....show animal, breeding bull or feeder calf. I think the only path for this calf would be to steer him (if not done already) and send him to the feedyard to feed out or the sale barn. IMO, it is a cull, unless there is a situation behind this calf and its condition.

he has good bloodlines. its just that he is a bottle calf

Latest posts