opinions?

Help Support CattleToday:

Pictures 1 and 3 are really nice. They are thick and have good length. What are their bloodlines?

Pictures 2 and 4 are hard to judge because they are the greatest pictures. But they look decent.

Nice cattle, nice grass.

I like 1 and 3. Deep sided, capacious, and adequate muscle, frame and bone. The other two seem a little shallow, but this could change with time. #2 seems a little narrow at the pins, but it may be the pic.

cowboyup216":2k360c35 said:
I dont like herefords. But if they was black Id be in love.

Why? I know there is a higher market for black cattle right now, but long back there use to be a higher market for herefords.

What does color matter if they have the right structure and form and bring in enough money per pound to make a profit.

Its nice that you like them.I hope that i get some good calves from them. They are also very friendly -easy to handle. Grass is growing very well, its been warm and we have had some rain too. Its time to "look up" the baler and get some hay for winter...

bloodlines:
Heifer number one´s sire goes to Square D Gravity 223H and maternalgrandsires is stockmaster 3j, on mothers side it goes to 21st century. Cow in the second picture is sired by Huth Prospector ko85. Last two heifers grandsires are Remitall Director and WS Bond.

cowboyup216":286otnrq said:
so pretty much you "love" them but technically you dont just because of color?? theres nothing wrong with the hereford market. sure its not as good at black. but i think somebody needs to jump off that bandwagon and decide what he wants to do.

BTW your herfs are beautiful. herefords have an excellent temperment, alot better then black may i add. things look like they're goin good for ya.

CattleHand":11can5bj said:
cowboyup216":11can5bj said:

What does color matter if they have the right structure and form and bring in enough money per pound to make a profit.

It doesn't matter to someone who knows good cattle when they see them, and those are some fine Herefords.

Both cattle and pasture looks good, be sure to keep capacity and depth high on your prioirity list when selecting your next bull.

VanC":s9kgt0ee said:
CattleHand":s9kgt0ee said:
cowboyup216":s9kgt0ee said:

It doesn't matter to someone who knows good cattle when they see them, and those are some fine Herefords.

There are lots of fine cattle out there but if you don't get the top price why bother? Herefords were "the breed" back in the 50's but times change. Angus is today's breed. Some people just don't want to change.

farmerjohn":2osch0yv said:
VanC":2osch0yv said:
CattleHand":2osch0yv said:
cowboyup216":2osch0yv said:

There are lots of fine cattle out there but if you don't get the top price why bother? Herefords were "the breed" back in the 50's but times change. Angus is today's breed. Some people just don't want to change.

There's no reason to change. Everyone has there own preferences. Just because Angus cattle have been selling for a good price, doesnt mean a man should sell his herd to get them.

Some people just don't want to change.

Im one of those people that just don't want to change- DARNIT! :lol:

Latest posts