Opinions?

Help Support CattleToday:

Killala":1onub22w said:
Heifer, doc, raised in drought conditions. I'd be concerned if you could see any udder development from this picture, and whilst I agree she is lacking in hindquarter substance, I don't hold that aginst her due to the conditions in which she has been raised.... I wouldn't expect her to look any better, in fact, she really should look worse, and so she really has proved her worth as an easy doer.... an essential trait in my opinion.
I think I have mentioned that I have seen her mother, grandmother and several sisters, both full and half. If this heifer breeds anything at all like the rest of her family, she is most certainly welcome to a place in my paddock as long as she likes.
In my opinion, she is a fine example of a Poll Shorthorn.

She may be a little light in the flank but I like the way she carries her muscle down on the hind leg. She may not be a show winner, but she'ld do well in most any pasture with a "good" bull. I like her and if I could find that quality of Shorthorn in the states, she'ld be more then welcome, right along with the other Shorthorns that were posted a while back.

dun