Opinions on This Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

Victoria":1r8z6002 said:
TSR":1r8z6002 said:
dun":1r8z6002 said:
I don;t have a handle on how they calculate Maintanence Energy (ME) but his EPD for ME is awfully high. I alwasy figured a big share of ME was because of the milk, but his milk is right in the ballpark. Is he a very large framed bull?

dun

I 've turned down some pretty nice black angus sires because of their negative $EN epds. I know that the ones I have seen with negative $EN tend to be harder keeping requiring more feed. I guess it might not be too important if you have the resources but I like easy fleshing,easy keepers. JMHO

Our Canadian Angus site doesn't show ME EPDs or Stayability (although they are talking about putting that one in). I meant to ask dun about that and forgot. He mentioned his ME was high but what is average in Red Angus?

Red Angus ME is 5

dun

Impressive looking figures if they are accurate so is the photo. I would say he is a good choice if that is what you're lookin for.

bif

Thanks for the opinion buckaroo_bif. The more I look at him the more I like him. Got to wait for the semen catalogues to hit though and look one more time at the competition before deciding.

Latest posts