Opinions on these hereford bulls?

Help Support CattleToday:

If you stay with the upper end pictured ther are some nice sensible bulls, the bottom end drops off fast. 28W would be my 5th pick going by the photos alone.

I have a neighbour that now lives in AB that has bought heifers and bulls from Anderson's. He has been very happy with them. They are on my list of potential suppliers.

28W is a good bull, but probably more than you want to spend. 108W is a powerhouse. 39W is good, although I would want to see him in person, due to the twisted look of his testicles in the picture.

I hate to say any of those bulls are poor, because in reality, anyone of those bulls would be alright if your looking to producing powerful females, as Anderson's don't keep any "poor" cows. I have been told by different people that they have one of those cowherds that you 'must see' in your travels.

39 seems to have a bit more definition but I thought he was going to be a much larger bull. I didn't think 104 had the depth of body. I agree in that I think several of these bulls are going to be a bit larger frame. That is probably why I think they don't seem as mature as a bull should at that age.

KNERSIE":3vs8s21l said:
If you stay with the upper end pictured ther are some nice sensible bulls, the bottom end drops off fast. 28W would be my 5th pick going by the photos alone.

Alright Harley, what's 1-4? :D

I think I like the Harland son the best.

NR... I have a bunch of females from a guy who uses Anderson bulls, it seems that they are a bit larger framed than I would like but I wasnt sure if that was just his cows or the Anderson bulls. Have you seen Anderson's cows?

My experience with the Anderson Hereford cattle is that they maybe haven't adjusted well enough to the idea of moderate framed cattle. I think they have a lot of performance and power in their cattle. However I would watch the feet, udders and birthweights like a hawk. I have not personally ever been to there sale however I did look through their bulls while I was at Ulrich's Sale.

I believe so. Let me know how they look. Just got back from out that way looked at Bar Pipe, all three Nixdorfs, Church's, Stauffer's and some welsh black bulls.

Latest posts