opinions on new bull

Help Support CattleToday:

If me and your were partners on bucking bull of the year it wouldnt hurt my feeling none..but Im afraid old spots hocks arent quite good enough. but maybe one of these days we can partner on carcass bull of the year?? Suits me if hes red. LOL

Lol ollie..I thought we were friends. Now your not only calling me french but your calling me queer to?? Is it just because of the hat?? Dont worry about the hat..Im selling it to buckskin biff

I think most homosexuals would hate being called french worse than most french would hate someone calling them homosexuals. :lol:

i work for a know it all french man he is ok because he so short that he is worried i might just give him a right hook if he sh**ts me off he has plenty of money so i put up with him!!

tapeworm":37r81rpa said:
Doctor Harris after studying over your posting...mainly the part about BEEF PRODUCTION...ive changed my mind. I dont think the bull will work for that. Theres plenty of good homo polled...homo black carcass bulls out there to use. So why breed to a dairy bull?? So thanks mainly to you...Im taking him back

backtotexas.jpg

MERRY CHRISTMAS all!!!!!
Tapeworm-You have no idea how much your decision to return "Spot" has pleased me! For a while there I was convinced that you had discarded all of your knowledge regarding Phenotype, Genotype, Crossbreeding Techniques, Beef Production and just good ol' common sense. But this last post has restored my faith in you! I did notice though that you have trained "Spot" to keep in step with you whether you are heading West or East! And you are absolutely right! There are a plethora of Homozygous Polled - Homozygous Black Carcass Bulls with acceptable EPD's in Production, Maternal, Carcass, Ultrasound, and $Value Traits to satisfy the MOST discriminating buyer, so that even a NOVICE in the Beef BUSINESS can readily perceive the wisdom of adding simplicity to genetic selection decisions by Breeding Beef Cattle to Beef Cattle! I am proud of you, Tapeworm! O-O-O-H-H R-A-A-H-H! And MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and "Spot!"

DOC HARRIS

DOC HARRIS":8upct72y said:
tapeworm":8upct72y said:
Doctor Harris after studying over your posting...mainly the part about BEEF PRODUCTION...ive changed my mind. I dont think the bull will work for that. Theres plenty of good homo polled...homo black carcass bulls out there to use. So why breed to a dairy bull?? So thanks mainly to you...Im taking him back

backtotexas.jpg

MERRY CHRISTMAS all!!!!!
Tapeworm-You have no idea how much your decision to return "Spot" has pleased me! For a while there I was convinced that you had discarded all of your knowledge regarding Phenotype, Genotype, Crossbreeding Techniques, Beef Production and just good ol' common sense. But this last post has restored my faith in you! I did notice though that you have trained "Spot" to keep in step with you whether you are heading West or East! And you are absolutely right! There are a plethora of Homozygous Polled - Homozygous Black Carcass Bulls with acceptable EPD's in Production, Maternal, Carcass, Ultrasound, and $Value Traits to satisfy the MOST discriminating buyer, so that even a NOVICE in the Beef BUSINESS can readily perceive the wisdom of adding simplicity to genetic selection decisions by Breeding Beef Cattle to Beef Cattle! I am proud of you, Tapeworm! O-O-O-H-H R-A-A-H-H! And MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and "Spot!"

DOC HARRIS

Man am I disappointed Tape I was wanting to see what a boxcar load of Spot/Angus calves brought in the sandhills.

Caustic Burno":2bh6a0jb said:
Man am I disappointed Tape I was wanting to see what a boxcar load of Spot/Angus calves brought in the sandhills.

Spot angus always fetch a fine price up here. Usually about double what any ugly old lop eared humbacked stringy beef fatty backed Indian brings. :p
bif

Burrro I wouldnt have any idea about cattle markets in the Sandhills..just heard about there weather there

Buckaroo you might as well give up..Ive already been over it with em about low quality...its not something they want to talk about. LOL. Funny that some of em talk about how theyve GOT to have ear...but theyve probaly got neighbors or other peopel close getting by with straitbred brits....guess maybe there neighbors dont know any better?? To each there own but everbody needs to try to put something better on the plate

:lol2:
well i thought if we were gonna be knocking each others breeds i might as well try and do it up right!
bif

Merry Christmas!

So true buckaroo...the angus and herefords sure take plenty of knocking aroundhere..bout time the floppears get there share. LOL But ever breed has its place...well maybe not ALL of em. LOl. If the guys in the south think they need eared cowherds thats okay by me..they just need to be sure they use an outcross to get some of that out in there terminal calves...feedyard mangers say they want %25 or less so thats what we should give em. Many of em want NONE so thats what I think they should ahve

Ive said it here before and Ill say it again..I think wed all be better off for the long haul by focusing on TENDER. If you want to run cont bull on eared cows for growth and yg and produce lean carcasses theres a place for those...if you use british bulls on earred cows trying to up qg theres a place for those cattle to. The thing therees no place for is TOUGH beef...and more ear means more TOUGH...probaly more dcs to. We have so much info and technolgythat is so easy to acess these days..no excuse for not using it

tapeworm":l24v6oqi said:
Ive said it here before and Ill say it again..I think wed all be better off for the long haul by focusing on TENDER.
I concur Tapeworm

Latest posts