Opinions on heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

TheBullLady

Reaction score
Constructive critisizm on these two heifers please! I'd like to show them this winter. The white faced is about 3 weeks younger than the solid black. Both are Simmentals.
DSC02773.jpg

[/img]
be418526.jpg

Don't know why the picture got cut off! And she DOES have legs under that mud!
:cboy:

I like the looks of both of them and love that traditional look of what I'm assuming is mom in the first pic. Those are getting harder and harder to find!

Both of those are pretty nice heifers. I wouldn't mind showing either one. :lol: good luck with them.

"Nice to see a traditional coloured Simmie in the picture."

My thoughts exactly. I wish the Simmie people would get off the black fad. Its getting harder and harder for me to find Red and white heifers.

Tons of potential in both heifers...

I really like the bottom one though. Very nice. I think the top one could catch up with the bottom one, with time.

Ryan

p.s. I also like the looks of the non-black animals in each of the pictures, too.

Both good looking calves-the solid black one seems to be a little bit better but they are still young. I like them both and tink that you should do well with them in the show ring. I'm not a Simmental breeder but I noticed the dun and white cow in the photo and it reminded me of when I used to be able to tell Simmentals from other breeds but of course it's hard to tell now since they've gone black like every other breed.

For showing I like the 2nd one. She looks solid. We have a few similar to her. I'm glad to see a tradional Simmental for once.

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Yes.. the top Simmental is definately a "traditional" type... and she milks like a Holstein! Always has a top notch calf, and is a very good "doer". Besides which, she doesn't suffer from the heat as much as her black sisters.

I have to agree 100%.. I wish they were more popular, especially in the show ring. I think it's a waste of time to make every breed black, when they aren't traditionally that color. Although I do think you're going to see them going back to red.

They are both out of the same bull... he's a son of Drake Stress Free ( G & L Avalanche) and a Franchise cow. The traditional red cow in the top picture is out of a bull called Red Brother, and a Abricot bred cow. I can't say enough about Abricot.. I've had a bunch of those cows, and they are fantastic.

The solid black heifer is out of the same bull, and a 1/4 Fleck influenced black cow, that's probably one of the top in my herd. She's out of a bull called DFS The Business, which is a Great Guns Ferdinand son, and a Red Deck bred cow.

Latest posts