Opinions on culling

Help Support CattleToday:

You are correct on age. And the reason on buying more cows was to replace the the those skinnys. But then I realized I could replace the braford types and have all black cows so the cross might be better.
The cows I'm buying are brangus cows 5 yrs old due to calf between February/march. The are in great flesh and only $1750 each. I kinda didn't want this deal to pass me.

jrn28":353alywb said:
You are correct on age. And the reason on buying more cows was to replace the the those skinnys. But then I realized I could replace the braford types and have all black cows so the cross might be better.
The cows I'm buying are brangus cows 5 yrs old due to calf between February/march. The are in great flesh and only $1750 each. I kinda didn't want this deal to pass me.

You have either a very uninformed seller or something is wrong with those cows. No way a good bred brangus cow should bring that little in Texas. If the cattle are good at that price your question is already answered.

So I sold the skinny last week and she brought in $2000, and I bought this cow for $1700. Cow was checked by vet and is due by feb/mar. I have all her calving and vacc. history. I also bought her daughter at market price.
she will be 7yo next year
her daughter 9mo 718lbs