opinions on Connealy Danny Boy and sons.

Help Support CattleToday:

farmerD44

Reaction score
does anyone here have any experience with this bull or any thoughts on his sons- specifically the new select sires bull Connealy Danny 5398- #15150630.

Dan.

farmerD44":2f6cwcsp said:
does anyone here have any experience with this bull or any thoughts on his sons- specifically the new select sires bull Connealy Danny 5398- #15150630.

Dan.
Dan-

I will express my opinions regarding Connealy Danny 5398, however I have no experience or verifiable information concerning Connealy Danny Boy, or any of his sons. Those decisions would have to be determined by the specific individuals who decide to make use of them, using tools at their disposal at the time.

Now - in relation to Connealy Danny 5398 - #15150630.

By not having access to a revealing set of pictures of him, I cannot express an opinion pertaining to his phenotype. Lacking that tool, the next step in the investigation would be to see (eyeball) his Sire (Connealy Danny Boy)) and his Dam (Endova of Conanga 858). That would give you a template to use for determining his phenotypic potential. I know nothing of either of them first hand. Having published his Registration #, his pedigree is available for as far back as you wish to peruse it by going through the AAA files and doing a search. He has some outstanding individuals in his genetic background who have "experienced" accuracies and have been producers of hundreds of thousands of registered and commercial Angus cattle over the years. Having said the above - that still doesn't tell you what you really need to know about him in order to capitalize on his strengths for the benefit of your COW'S Genetics - which you should certainly know - INTIMATELY!!

The next step in your investigation is to study his EPD's, which are printed along with his pedigree available from AAA. Because of his age (2/11/2005) his Accuracies are not as high as I would prefer in order to make a decision about a Herd Sire, but CED +9, BW +.4, WW +53, YW +98, SC +.37, CEM +10, and Milk +23 is exceptional! Naturally, he has no Carcass figures as yet, but his Ultrasound readings - %IMF +22, RE +58 are also more than acceptable by today's standards! His $Values are comparable with the other EPD's mentioned above.

Select Sires would not decide to use him if they had no faith in him.

Whatever bull you use, a combination of HIS Phenotype and EPD's and your COWHERD's average Phenotype and EPD's will dictate what your resulting calf crop will do for you, given optimal herd management and adequate feed protocols.

I wish I could be more directly positive for you, but his Pedigree and EPD's will tell you that he potentially is a more than adequate choice to use for a successful operation. Understand, this is without my knowing ANYTHING about your cow herd.

DOC HARRIS

DOC HARRIS":2gjn2aay said:
farmerD44":2gjn2aay said:

Dan.
Dan-

I will express my opinions regarding Connealy Danny 5398, however I have no experience or verifiable information concerning Connealy Danny Boy, or any of his sons. Those decisions would have to be determined by the specific individuals who decide to make use of them, using tools at their disposal at the time.

Now - in relation to Connealy Danny 5398 - #15150630.

By not having access to a revealing set of pictures of him, I cannot express an opinion pertaining to his phenotype. Lacking that tool, the next step in the investigation would be to see (eyeball) his Sire (Connealy Danny Boy)) and his Dam (Endova of Conanga 858). That would give you a template to use for determining his phenotypic potential. I know nothing of either of them first hand. Having published his Registration #, his pedigree is available for as far back as you wish to peruse it by going through the AAA files and doing a search. He has some outstanding individuals in his genetic background who have "experienced" accuracies and have been producers of hundreds of thousands of registered and commercial Angus cattle over the years. Having said the above - that still doesn't tell you what you really need to know about him in order to capitalize on his strengths for the benefit of your COW'S Genetics - which you should certainly know - INTIMATELY!!

The next step in your investigation is to study his EPD's, which are printed along with his pedigree available from AAA. Because of his age (2/11/2005) his Accuracies are not as high as I would prefer in order to make a decision about a Herd Sire, but CED +9, BW +.4, WW +53, YW +98, SC +.37, CEM +10, and Milk +23 is exceptional! Naturally, he has no Carcass figures as yet, but his Ultrasound readings - %IMF +22, RE +58 are also more than acceptable by today's standards! His $Values are comparable with the other EPD's mentioned above.

Select Sires would not decide to use him if they had no faith in him.

Whatever bull you use, a combination of HIS Phenotype and EPD's and your COWHERD's average Phenotype and EPD's will dictate what your resulting calf crop will do for you, given optimal herd management and adequate feed protocols.

I wish I could be more directly positive for you, but his Pedigree and EPD's will tell you that he potentially is a more than adequate choice to use for a successful operation. Understand, this is without my knowing ANYTHING about your cow herd.

DOC HARRIS

There is one picture of him on the select sires website under the new sires section if anyone wants to take a look at it.

I have no first hand knowledge of this bull but his sire is known to sire some with a bad attitude. Not exactly what the Angus breed needs in my opinion.

W.B.":3iu882g4 said:
I have no first hand knowledge of this bull but his sire is known to sire some with a bad attitude. Not exactly what the Angus breed needs in my opinion.

well that is the kind of info i like to know. can anyone else confirm this or have anything else to add.

farmerD44":16ud8d9w said:

Dan.

i have seen this bull in person and he was the best looking bull i saw at the stud. he was relatively young and moderate (~5) framed.

farmerD44":3omoehik said:
W.B.":3omoehik said:

well that is the kind of info i like to know. can anyone else confirm this or have anything else to add.
Attitude is certainly a characteristic which should be considered when selection processes are in order. I think that one's selection PRIORITIES should be carefully analysed, rather than focusing on ONE trait, or characteristic, and making a decision based on that one factor - negative or not. Think about all of the possibilities - and then determine a verdict.

DOC HARRIS

Aero":2mxau8y1 said:
farmerD44":2mxau8y1 said:

Dan.

i have seen this bull in person and he was the best looking bull i saw at the stud. he was relatively young and moderate (~5) framed.

so u are saying u saw Danny 5398 or his sire??? any thoughts on disposition?

farmerD44":3g3q1bjc said:
so u are saying u saw Danny 5398 or his sire??? any thoughts on disposition?

i saw Danny. i havent seen his sire. i didnt climb in with him, so i dont know about attitude. he just looked good to my eye with lots of rear quarter and muscle all over.

thanks for the info- i may consider using him on heifers this year or the next. Rito 2x15 has been working good for us but this one may be even better from what u have told me. I wish they would show more and better pics in the semen catologs.

I like on genex's website that they show videos of some bulls- wish select had the same.

Latest posts