Opinions needed, especially form those with Brown Swiss experience

Help Support CattleToday:

I thought I was the only one on the planet still using a Verizon flip phone, tho mine wasn't $12.99. Pretty tough but Only thing I don't like about it is it's weight. It's heavy.
View attachment 24388
That one looks a lot newer and nicer than mine. I don't have internet access or anything on mine. unlimited talk and text for $30 a month, but I do not do texts. it is the height of stupidity for 2 people to be sitting there with a PHONE, pecking away at a message. 150 years ago that was al lwe could do , is tap out a telegraph then Alex Bell invented the PHONE, so you could TALK to another person. Anyone texts me, I send them back 2 words " call me".

That one looks a lot newer and nicer than mine. I don't have internet access or anything on mine. unlimited talk and text for $30 a month, but I do not do texts. it is the height of stupidity for 2 people to be sitting there with a PHONE, pecking away at a message. 150 years ago that was al lwe could do , is tap out a telegraph then Alex Bell invented the PHONE, so you could TALK to another person. Anyone texts me, I send them back 2 words " call me".
I used to feel the same way about texting but now I use it more than talking. I like it because I can carry on multiple conversations at a time if need be or text in a group message to let multiple people know something, I especially like using it to let my employees know things. If it is something that's going to need an explanation I'd rather call but general information I just text.

I like texting so that people can get back to me when it is convenient for them. I cannot talk on a phone when I am in the barn testing.. so getting a text is the best way to go. If it is very important, I can call them back... or text I am working and will call them later. My son never keeps his voice mail cleaned out and can never leave him a message so texting is the only way to go. Plus, he will answer a text when he will ignore a call...
And the biggest thing is we can get a text here in areas that you cannot get enough signal to get a call... so texting is actually alot better with the spotty service.

I had a small Verizon flip phone that was 3G and HAD to upgrade. It was little, light and could fit in my jeans pocket. Got dropped, run over by the tractor raking hay, and found and kept right on working. I could not find a flip phone that was small and comfortable... all were too bulky and heavy. I had been looking at smart phones since EVERYONE kept saying that is what I should get... finally got the "RAZR" foldable smart phone. It fits in the pocket.... but there is way too much crap on it and it is way too complicated for easy use. It is thinner than the Samsung Galaxy "foldable smart phone"... I am suffering through it but not happy with it. I am seriously thinking about keep on looking and finding a smaller flip phone and then using it for out in the "field" and forwarding the smart phone to it... since I do not have a "landline" I use the wi-fi connection on the smart phone for some things... and for work when I am at a barn that does not have internet connection for their computer......
And the fact that you cannot replace a battery in these smart phones......STUPID......

I like texting so that people can get back to me when it is convenient for them. I cannot talk on a phone when I am in the barn testing.. so getting a text is the best way to go. If it is very important, I can call them back... or text I am working and will call them later. My son never keeps his voice mail cleaned out and can never leave him a message so texting is the only way to go. Plus, he will answer a text when he will ignore a call...
And the biggest thing is we can get a text here in areas that you cannot get enough signal to get a call... so texting is actually alot better with the spotty service.

I had a small Verizon flip phone that was 3G and HAD to upgrade. It was little, light and could fit in my jeans pocket. Got dropped, run over by the tractor raking hay, and found and kept right on working. I could not find a flip phone that was small and comfortable... all were too bulky and heavy. I had been looking at smart phones since EVERYONE kept saying that is what I should get... finally got the "RAZR" foldable smart phone. It fits in the pocket.... but there is way too much crap on it and it is way too complicated for easy use. It is thinner than the Samsung Galaxy "foldable smart phone"... I am suffering through it but not happy with it. I am seriously thinking about keep on looking and finding a smaller flip phone and then using it for out in the "field" and forwarding the smart phone to it... since I do not have a "landline" I use the wi-fi connection on the smart phone for some things... and for work when I am at a barn that does not have internet connection for their computer......
And the fact that you cannot replace a battery in these smart phones......STUPID......
The brand of mine is TCL. TCLFlip pro. it is the size of a pack of cigarettes. I have 2 computers, 2 laptops, a tablet, and 3 high quality digital cameras. I just need a phone to make and receive phone calls. Only reason I have this Galaxy S22 is because a couple of years ago, AT & T went up to $189 a month for my office phone. Just 1 line, too. I called them raising hell, and the lady said we can put you on a wireless plan for $63, and give you a free GS10 and a tablet! She said I could keep my office number I had since 1988, so I said " Well hell, send it on". Fingers are way to big to be punching in phone numbers, much less trying to text. I missed a lot of calls trying to swipe the sob to get it to where I could answer, and by then they had hung up. I finally figured out how to forward it to my flip phone, so I Just leave it at the office on a charger most of the time. Last week they sent me a new GS22 to replace the GS10.

I stopped by there Saturday on my way down to the Kudzu Place. He has 16 pretty little half Brama heifers. All the cows calved in a 12 day window. I kinda, sorta, wish I had kept them now. Just a little bit...not much, though. :) Smith said he was gonna breed them back Brahma, too.

Latest posts