Opinion on this yearling bull?

Help Support CattleToday:

Muddy

Reaction score
What's your opinion on this young Brahman bull? He is local bred and not an imported. He's about 850lbs and is out for a first time heifer.
20170225_164456_zpsd2wxtrm6.jpg

20170225_164541_zpscnfv2pcd.jpg

I think the fence in the background is pretty telling. A 6' woven fence that obviously been jumped on with another fence just as tall with a hot wire on the top. He is either at a local game park or they have some temperament issues.

redcowsrule33":zcsjna9w said:
I think the fence in the background is pretty telling. A 6' woven fence that obviously been jumped on with another fence just as tall with a hot wire on the top. He is either at a local game park or they have some temperament issues.
That fence looks like somebody got a deal at the salvage yard on some chain link fence. I applaud his ingenuity.

Rafter S":vkejg9ag said:
TennesseeTuxedo":vkejg9ag said:
Rafter S":vkejg9ag said:
I could say the same about one or two other popular breeds, but I'll keep it to myself.

Longhorn and Corrienette?

No. Please notice I said popular breeds.

I'm just messing with ya Rafter. All I can think of when I see a full blooded Brahman animal are images of starving Hindus and cattle roaming their streets.

Muddy":1yssoty4 said:
What's your opinion on this young Brahman bull? He is local bred and not an imported. He's about 850lbs and is out for a first time heifer.
20170225_164456_zpsd2wxtrm6.jpg

20170225_164541_zpscnfv2pcd.jpg

My opinion would depend on your plans for him.
What's he crossed with?

TennesseeTuxedo":164eqc2c said:
Rafter S":164eqc2c said:
TennesseeTuxedo":164eqc2c said:
Longhorn and Corrienette?

No. Please notice I said popular breeds.

I'm just messing with ya Rafter. All I can think of when I see a full blooded Brahman animal are images of starving Hindus and cattle roaming their streets.

No problem. Come down here to the warmer part of the country and some of us can show you some Brahmans that will change your mind.

Looks more like a gyr leitero than pure brahman. Most likely a ¾ Brahman/short horn cross
Gyr Leitero
b9fbffb275c3954ae8032ecfcf7c5324.jpg

Latest posts