• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Opinion on this yearling bull?

Help Support CattleToday:

Muddy

Reaction score
What's your opinion on this young Brahman bull? He is local bred and not an imported. He's about 850lbs and is out for a first time heifer.

Nesikep

Reaction score
Oh, and I don't know of Polled Rico is homo-polled, if he is it's impossible for him to be sired by Rico though

redcowsrule33

Reaction score
I think the fence in the background is pretty telling. A 6' woven fence that obviously been jumped on with another fence just as tall with a hot wire on the top. He is either at a local game park or they have some temperament issues.

BC

Reaction score
redcowsrule33":zcsjna9w said:
I think the fence in the background is pretty telling. A 6' woven fence that obviously been jumped on with another fence just as tall with a hot wire on the top. He is either at a local game park or they have some temperament issues.
That fence looks like somebody got a deal at the salvage yard on some chain link fence. I applaud his ingenuity.

Lazy M

Reaction score
TennesseeTuxedo":3hm29gvq said:
Looks like most Brahman cattle, like crap.
Wow you must have packed a lunch :lol2:

TennesseeTuxedo

Reaction score
Rafter S":vkejg9ag said:
TennesseeTuxedo":vkejg9ag said:
Rafter S":vkejg9ag said:
I could say the same about one or two other popular breeds, but I'll keep it to myself.

Longhorn and Corrienette?

No. Please notice I said popular breeds.

I'm just messing with ya Rafter. All I can think of when I see a full blooded Brahman animal are images of starving Hindus and cattle roaming their streets.

skeeter swatter

Reaction score
Muddy":1yssoty4 said:
What's your opinion on this young Brahman bull? He is local bred and not an imported. He's about 850lbs and is out for a first time heifer.

My opinion would depend on your plans for him.
What's he crossed with?

Rafter S

Reaction score
TennesseeTuxedo":164eqc2c said:
Rafter S":164eqc2c said:
TennesseeTuxedo":164eqc2c said:
Longhorn and Corrienette?

No. Please notice I said popular breeds.

I'm just messing with ya Rafter. All I can think of when I see a full blooded Brahman animal are images of starving Hindus and cattle roaming their streets.

No problem. Come down here to the warmer part of the country and some of us can show you some Brahmans that will change your mind.

KNERSIE

Reaction score
Muddy, he is not even close to being pure brahman, I'd look further if I was you.

gaurus

Reaction score
Looks more like a gyr leitero than pure brahman. Most likely a ¾ Brahman/short horn cross
Gyr Leitero