Opinion on this hereford bull

Help Support CattleToday:

He is a very impressive looking bull, the question is whether your environment can support all that "performance". His EPDs are just to extreme in my opinion.

I was wondering about the environment factor as well. Im in northeastern kansas and dont know how a +33 would hold up, or break down if you will. Im looking for a bull to add his style, thickness, and pigment.

hereford_jock":xge1y3uu said:
Im not to familiar with Holden bulls but i came across HH ADVANCE 4140P and am impressed with him. Im just curious to see if anyone has progeny of this bull and how he workes in purebred programs. http://www.holdenherefords.com/sires/4140p.html

HH_Advance_4140P-2_sm.jpg

Excellent growth spurt from weaning to yearling but not to many posters here prefer growth like this. He is almost a double.

The 4140P bull is double bred to a great cow in L1 DOMINETTE 850413. The bull caught my attention when looking at the Shafer dispersal catalog. From the looks of his daughters in the pics the udders didn't look so good to me(just my impression of the pics in the catalog). Adding a +33 milk to poor udders could be a real disappointment. The growth and beef quality are probably for real with that cow behind him and his progeny would probably be more practical than alot of high performance cattle around. If the Line 1's interest you and you are looking for range type cattle, I suggest you look up Miles City: www.ars.usda.gov/npa/ftkeogh

Latest posts