Opinion on the breed???

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgirl Ibara

Reaction score
Nothing is for certain yet but I just wanted to get some opinions on the subject. This winter I was considering buying a Norway X Holstein as baby beef for the fair that comes around for us in May. I've heard a lot of good things about Angus X Holsteins but this year the dairy missed the breeding deadline to get some nice Angus X Holsteins. So I know nothing about Norways or if they would be good as market calves at fair. So any advice or opinions are welcome. Thank you

I don't know anything about Norways either but we went to look at calves last year for Victorville and the guy was breeding his Holsteins to what he called Montbeliarde. I had never seen them either but I can tell you the calves were really nice for a dairy breed. He said they are all born baldys too. Not much help I know but just thought I would share :lol:

rancherswife":1r6fleou said:
I don't know anything about Norways either but we went to look at calves last year for Victorville and the guy was breeding his Holsteins to what he called Montbeliarde. I had never seen them either but I can tell you the calves were really nice for a dairy breed. He said they are all born baldys too. Not much help I know but just thought I would share :lol:

Montbeliarde is a dairy Simmenthal

rancherswife":tkyxb5kj said:
Wow thats really interesting. I've never heard of Montbeliardes but I can see now that they are really starting to experiment and expand with holstiens X's. ^_^

dun":1adef95f said:
rancherswife":1adef95f said:

Montbeliarde is a dairy Simmenthal

I found a few pics on google and they look really nice. ^_^

rancherswife":2fugiv8a said:
here are your Montbeliarde
http://www.ansi.okstate.edu/breeds/catt ... /index.htm

Latest posts