Opinion on Limi Bull Calf

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Well, I dont think I've posted on here before but I'm from New Brunswick, Canada and showing is pretty limited here. It's starting to get a bit bigger, but nothing like out west/in the states. So I'm looking for an opinion on my bull calf. We just did a 4H day at the county fair yesterday and I wasn't really surprised by the outcome, but the judge was a Herford breeder and I was against a herford bull that was about a month older then mine.

This picture was in between clipping.. had somewhat finished the head and the tail and was working on the topline/belly. He doesn't have much hair and sadly I haven't had as much time as I'd like to work with him. He was born February 12, 2007 and at the first of June he taped 310 lbs. He's purebred Limousin, but not registered.

tank.jpg

This is from behind on show day:
P8230379.jpg

Were a pretty small operation, we only run about 25 head. I show 4H but no open shows as we don't have registered stock. And they're dad's cattle so I can't do things the way i want for show cattle, but we get by. What does everyone think?

I like him.

He appears to be soundly structured and long bodied. For a six month old calf you cant really be asking for too much. He doesnt appear to have testicles, but he's only young I wouldnt expect much.

If I had him I'd be keeping him to see how he grows out.

Good luck with him, and keep us posted.

Im glad to hear that your trying your best dont give up and keep your head high. If you want some reg. stock look into the prices in your area and see if your parents would let you raise a couple of weanlings to sell to buy a reg. bred heifer/cow or pair talk to the breeders some may give you a good deal in return for you showing some calves for them

He is nice. Keep working with him and I think he will do well for you. You said that they are all pure breed, but I take it that the paper work has not been kept up. You could offer to do that part, it that is true. Keep up the good work, it will pay off for you. Good Luck

Latest posts