Opinion Needed

Help Support CattleToday:

hooknline":ykppjopi said:
The only winners will be the lawyers.
Exactly I am chalking it up to a loss and keeping on keepin on. It makes me mad though when you do so much for someone and they screw you.

Most leases and state law protect the lessee in cases like this from losing the value of a crop without adequate notice. It's likely that you may be able to recoup your costs and anticipated profit on that wheat crop simply by asking the question of her "what about my wheat crop?". If she doesn't have an adequate answer, then ask the same question of the real estate agency. You can bet that the development company and any involved realtor is aware of that wheat crop and has penciled that in as a liability that may need addressed. Unless the development company is ready to dig right now, then my guess is that you'll be allowed access to the crop. Otherwise I think they'll have a cash settlement ready to discuss. In any case, they likely would hope you just walk away and leave your money on someone's table. Just ask for your right to get to your crop or be remunerated for your loss. And if they grant you access to your crop, then ask them about replacing this summers crop.

Thats the thing nothing can be built on the property. The new owner bought it just to hunt on from what the realtor told me. I honestly don't have time or effort to deal with court my lawer and everything else just for almost 70 acres of wheat. I just recently got a 1500 acre lease on land so I guess god looked out for me and knew this bs was gonna happen. I always believe if you do right blessings will come your way loosing the 70 acres of crop land was bad but I gained 1500 also so I am ok with it. I know when I close my eyes and sleep at night I did no underhanded stuff she will have to answer to her actions in a higher court.

skyhightree1":2eq4hvi7 said:
She never told me anything she called me 4 days ago said she was planning on keep it for a while guys closing on april 1 so means they signed contract march 1 basically. My contract is good till June 1 2013. My mom and gma said take her to court but I don't feel like or need the headache and bs so I am gonna wash my hands of her and she better not call me ever again. I am done with her. What do you think about it?
I think the first bit of wheat that gets destroyed have a court suit on their desk, or if they don't do anything by the time the wheat is ready, go and combine it (as long as it's before June 1).

[/quote]
or if they don't do anything by the time the wheat is ready, go and combine it (as long as it's before June 1).[/quote]

Thats what I was thinking lol the fool probably will think its just grass

just call the title company and inquire about putting a lien of the property for the value of your crop. They are the ones issuing the title policy and will want to get that addressed before they draw up the closing papers. You have a vested interest in the crop. Our contract stated the sellers retained the crop on the property we bought. It was leased out to a farmer such as yourself.

Just wait until it starts to make some head and run it thru the conditioner and round bale it. You will not be out anything :cowboy:

yea my contract has those clauses if land was sold it was ok to transfer ownership but if I have crops they are mine and must remain intact until they are harvested blah blah blah. there is alot I thought about doing mwj still not sure what to do. I called lawyer he said he will do whatever I want him too to help with getting my $ for crops or keeping crops available to me till harvest.

skyhightree1":3ikoyiws said:
hooknline":3ikoyiws said:
The only winners will be the lawyers.
Exactly I am chalking it up to a loss and keeping on keepin on. It makes me mad though when you do so much for someone and they screw you.

Any chance the new owner might deal with you like a man??

I ran into the new owner and turns out was a guy i have known for years also a row crop farmer he knew i had leased this for years and said he apologized for the real estate agent calling and being rude and said i can harvest my crops and its not a problem at all. When you do right and treat people right God will make a way for you.

Definately a good deal. We sat and talked for a hour and he asked me everything about the land and best places to hunt so he can take his son somewhere to kill his first deer. I am very pleased with the outcome of how the crops aspect was done. My wife was ticked off because she liked the place alot and wants me to offer the guy 350k for it. I told her lets see what else we can find before making that offer.

lol I wish I had a money tree and sprouts to sell you. if I did id buy the 1600 acres a timber company has for sale down my way.

Latest posts