Open Carry

Help Support CattleToday:

pdfangus said:
back in the day people were ashamed to be known as shell shocked...

now that it has a payment attached to it not so many are ashamed to claim it....
See this everyday, just had a discussion about this on a vets group, concerning 2nd amendment rights.

kenny thomas said:
herofan said:
I don't think I've ever seen an open carry in any kind of public place. I've seen a few on their farms where it seemed perfectly natural, but never in public. It must not be a thing around here.
You must have never been to the stockyard in London KY. In the old days I seen them carrying lots, even carrying a shotgun down between the pens. They still will be 100 or more in the trade area of the parking lot.
Same way at Court Days in Preston and My Sterling, KY.

No, I have never been there. I was discussing it with someone recently, and they said they had never seen it either. Maybe it's just not common here, or it's possiblt that I need to leave the farm more. :lol2:

Bestoutwest said:
Caustic Burno said:
Bestoutwest said:
I think it has a lot to do with the style of warfare. One was a clear enemy in a definitive uniform (generally speaking) and now it's any man, woman or child, or even the bridge you drive over that could kill you. I can't imagine the type of anxiety that causes when every person you walk by is a potential enemy vs. "traditional" warfare.

Interesting video. I liked the animation.

Fighting the same ideologies be it 1942 or 2019.
It's not the ideology do much as it's the style of warfare. Also, there's no "liberator" mentality.
Does no good to disagree with CB. He's "read about" every war and every ideology that ever was. Never served but knows it all. I'd never stand before any american soldier that volunteered to serve, fought the enemy for a year and accuse him of faking PTST. The psyche is a strange and powerful force.

Latest posts