Open a gun shop

Help Support CattleToday:

A few years back a man by the name of Larry Burkett had some money management books and Dave Ramsey mentions him once in a while. I'm sure Dave incorporated some of Larry's ideas when he was coming out of bankruptcy.

Anyone who dislikes the idea of rental property, or has had unsolvable trouble in a marriage probably aught to not be in a business partnership because it's similar challenges and more complicate to resolve.

What we lack is a good gun smith.
That, we do have. He works out of a little shop behind his house about 8 miles north of me. Does some good business reloading for those with older 'cowboy' calibers too. He's not fast, works when he wants at his own pace but has a great reputation for quality here.
I'm not a big 'gun nut' type but I know lots who are and they all recommend him to everybody.

The hidden gems are hard to find.
Theres a small mom n pop that's been around for probly 70 years up here. The old man used to build rifles b4 the EPA screwed that up. He has rifles all over the world. Africa. Europe. U name it. Very very kool old man. Could make anything gun related. Anything. Was a pow from a war long since passed. Had the mark on his hand. Anyway...

He passed away here a few years ago. The sons have been running the shop. They were always there from the beginning anyway. Small farming community and they do farm.

When the shortages start up they never cease to amaze me. Always have what ya need. I went needing primers a while back. While there, some folks came in wanting to buy everything they had. They were politely told to get the hell out! That ain't how it works.
Customers/friends who came there for years were always welcome and always knew how things operated. No need to be greedy. Get what ya NEED. Longtime customers were always taken care of. They ain't in it for the money. They are really good folks who have many many friends. It's taken many decades to get to that point but it's a wonderful thing imho...

Sure miss the old man. He had been there, done that. And was amazing to talk to and just hang out. Still have the old wood burning stove in there. Great place!

Latest posts