OOPS! vaccine left out of fridge overnight

Help Support CattleToday:

Texas PaPaw

Reaction score
Bottle of blackleg vaccine was left out of fridge overnight. Was with a cold pack and still felt slightly cool to the touch when found.

Is it ruined or still viable??

Texas PaPaw":2n4x0qvw said:
Bottle of blackleg vaccine was left out of fridge overnight. Was with a cold pack and still felt slightly cool to the touch when found.

Is it ruined or still viable??

It's cheap enough, rather than gamble, I'd replace it. Even at that, I bet its still good.

I don't think I'd take the chance unless it was in a small box with that cold pack. Besides, as cheap as blackleg vaccine is and as expensive as cattle are...

milkmaid":1tiilxrq said:
I don't think I'd take the chance unless it was in a small box with that cold pack. Besides, as cheap as blackleg vaccine is and as expensive as cattle are...
Couldn't agree more...

I would say it is still good and i probably would keep using it BUT thats a big probably. Black Leg can be a killer. If you have a smaller herd I would probably just replace it and keep that for an emergency if you run out. Big herd...just use it on the cows when you work em and not the calves. Its all just a guessing game with it nobody can come up with the correct answer lol. I would just use it on the older cows since they already have built up an immunity to the disease and would be ok if its not as strong when its given.

Pretty high chance of failure if it hasn't been stored or handled right. Black leg seems endemic on a few rented places, so it wouldn't be worth it here.

Commercialfarmer":8ch0zwqb said:
Pretty high chance of failure if it hasn't been stored or handled right. Black leg seems endemic on a few rented places, so it wouldn't be worth it here.

x2....the whole juice worth the squeeze thing again.

I would use it with blackleg. These killed bactrins seem to be able to withstand about 24 hours of lower end room temperature without significantly compromising efficacy. If you left it out at 90 degrees for a day or two it will be shot, but at lower temps I would wager it is just fine.

Latest posts