Ooops!

Help Support CattleToday:

slick4591

Reaction score
Worked cattle yesterday morning and I accidentally grabbed the wrong syringe injecting 6 cc's of blackleg vac in a 300 lb calf. He's still alive and looking good today.

slick4591":2uvmtzs3 said:
Worked cattle yesterday morning and I accidentally grabbed the wrong syringe injecting 6 cc's of blackleg vac in a 300 lb calf. He's still alive and looking good today.

2 mL is the normal dose for Clostridials. The exception is the Clostridials that include tetani. They usually are 5 mL.

Doesn't matter. I think the dose is based on the minimum amount to elicit a good immune response. More may not be better but probably no harm done.

Looks like it'll pass and the calf will survive my mistake. Wasn't thinking that when it dawned on me tho. Thanks for the response as I posted for informational purposes.

Bright Raven":qh0zj117 said:
slick4591":qh0zj117 said:

2 mL is the normal dose for Clostridials. The exception is the Clostridials that include tetani. They usually are 5 mL.

Doesn't matter. I think the dose is based on the minimum amount to elicit a good immune response. More may not be better but probably no harm done.

Ultrabac 7/Somubac is 5cc SQ and does not contain tetanus toxoid.

TCRanch":z5ien0c5 said:
Bright Raven":z5ien0c5 said:
slick4591":z5ien0c5 said:

Ultrabac 7/Somubac is not a straight-up Clostridial. It includes Haemophilus somnus.

Bright Raven":2eozdmpz said:
TCRanch":2eozdmpz said:
Bright Raven":2eozdmpz said:

Ultrabac 7/Somubac is not a straight-up Clostridial. It includes Haemophilus somnus.

Gotcha. That's what our vet gives us. We do use Covexin 8 when we band or cut the bull calves.

Latest posts