Only if you live in the country....

Help Support CattleToday:

jkwilson

Reaction score
Only if you live in the country do you get to experience life's simple pleasures. Geese flying over at sunset. The smell of new-mown hay. Wheat fields waving in the breeze. Your dog eating the afterbirth when a cow calves, then coming into the garage and throwing up under the car. :(

I thought the stupid dog was dying for a minute before I figured it out. :D

Goldang it!! I was just eating breakfast as I was reading this!!! 'bout lost my eggs on the keyboard!! :oops: :lol: :lol:

jkwilson":woamv0lc said:
Only if you live in the country do you get to experience life's simple pleasures. Geese flying over at sunset. The smell of new-mown hay. Wheat fields waving in the breeze. Your dog eating the afterbirth when a cow calves, then coming into the garage and throwing up under the car. :(

dam dogs can be disgusting,

3waycross":1etwyi1y said:
I can see where this thread could lead to some disgusting stories. :help:
:wave: i got one that would blow this one out of the water but id probably gag just typin' it :cowboy:

alacattleman":z595tkzo said:
3waycross":z595tkzo said:
I can see where this thread could lead to some disgusting stories. :help:
:wave: i got one that would blow this one out of the water but id probably gag just typin' it :cowboy:

So do I. I'm saving it til things get going good. :D

Dogs are so shamelessly gross...
A guy from high school moved to the big city and was dating a real "city girl". He brought her back to town for a weekend boat race and beer drinking.
After the races and before they left to return to the city they came out to the farm. CityGirl thought it was a good chance to exercise her white cock-a-poo dog before the 6 hour ride home.
Within 1 minute of being turned loose the dog was rolling in cow poop. Something in the DNA of that apartment dog led it right under the fence into the pasture where the pies were plentiful.
I'm still smiling just remembering. I offered a garden hose but I still imagine it was a long 6 hour ride.

I'll take country gross over town gross any day of the week. Nothing I've seen out here comes close to some of the things I heard when I was teaching school.

OK OK I have to post this story:

Right after I married my first wife, we were living in an old cabin on my buddies ranch. We had two dogs a dingo and her Golden retriever, both were about 10 months old. Well one morning we did the chores and went to town without locking up the dogs. When we arrived home they were there to greet us and we didn't notice anything wrong with them. So after we put the groceries away being newlyweds and all we adjourned to the boudoir. I still remember the last thing she did was let the dogs in.

Well , things were progressing nicely when we heard some of the most intense gagging noises imaginable and within seconds the most disgusting horrible sickening smell hit us. All I remember is diving out the window and she tried to head the other way when she slipped on the 5 pounds of rotten, putrid, roadkill, deer meat that the dogs had just thrown up on the floor next to the bed..........I leave the rest to the imagination but it for sure was not pretty.

We ended up divorced about a year later mostly cuz I never could get the smell off her. :cowboy: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

hahahaha, great dog stories :lol: . its amazing growing up on the farm-nothing grosses you out anymore. My best friend and I were sitting i a restaurant the other day and she was telling me about a bad birth she heard about from another friend where a cow was calving and they pulled the calf only to find that it was deformed and in pieces and pulled the leg right off. All this while we were eating our lunch. Not sure the people in the next booth appreciated us too much. :lol:

LoveMoo read my signature line ;-)

I got a couple of stories.
The first one involved the hubby's dog, the mean and nasty blue heeler he had when we first met. well he had turned his dog out and was outside with him. Hubby was doing some chores when his dog came up to him wanting to be petted so bad he was rubbing up aganst him. Hubby went to pet him and luckily looked at his dog before he touched him; the dog was covered with fresh cowpoop from his nose to his tail. Dog met the garden hose in short order.

My dog story involved my dog. We had the vet out doing a post on a cow that died, well the vet cut off a strip of meat and before I could do anything he tossed it to my corgi who snatched it up and ran. He ate it. Well later in the house he gagged it up in the livingroom. I didn't know who was going to catch heck first, the vet or the dog.

This has to be the worse one and it was a cat instead.
Woke up during the night hearing one of our cats doing that gagging sound they do. I got up thinking they ate some cat food that didn't agree with them. Using the flashlight; so I wouldn't wake up the hubby; I looked all over and couldn't find anything. Went back to bed.
Next morning I got up and walking past the bed I found it in my bare feet, the cat had eaten a grass snake.
Yes the cat is still living, he hid from me all that day.

jkwilson":1yms8ee0 said:

Did he eat it a second time....lay down and lick his ass and then come over and want to lick you in the face????? :lol: :lol:

I luv herfrds":1ke25iap said:
LoveMoo read my signature line ;-)

I got a couple of stories.
The first one involved the hubby's dog, the mean and nasty blue heeler he had when we first met. well he had turned his dog out and was outside with him. Hubby was doing some chores when his dog came up to him wanting to be petted so bad he was rubbing up aganst him. Hubby went to pet him and luckily looked at his dog before he touched him; the dog was covered with fresh cowpoop from his nose to his tail. Dog met the garden hose in short order.

My dog story involved my dog. We had the vet out doing a post on a cow that died, well the vet cut off a strip of meat and before I could do anything he tossed it to my corgi who snatched it up and ran. He ate it. Well later in the house he gagged it up in the livingroom. I didn't know who was going to catch heck first, the vet or the dog.

This has to be the worse one and it was a cat instead.
Woke up during the night hearing one of our cats doing that gagging sound they do. I got up thinking they ate some cat food that didn't agree with them. Using the flashlight; so I wouldn't wake up the hubby; I looked all over and couldn't find anything. Went back to bed.
Next morning I got up and walking past the bed I found it in my bare feet, the cat had eaten a grass snake.
Yes the cat is still living, he hid from me all that day.

haha-that is wise advice. :lol: :lol:
and good stories too!

TexasBred":3i0ol493 said:
jkwilson":3i0ol493 said:

Did he eat it a second time....lay down and lick his ass and then come over and want to lick you in the face????? :lol: :lol:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! The voice of experience. :tiphat:

TexasBred":37hbe3bh said:
jkwilson":37hbe3bh said:

Nope. I penned them up.

Our female loves mouse/rat poison and will sniff it out and dig into a wood pile for it. She's barfed up some pretty amazing and disgusting things when we gave her peroxide to get the poison out. A deer eyeball is probably the most memorable.

They have no manners!

Steffie, when she was just a young pup ,ate afterbirth and then threw it up in the living room while hubby and I were eating our dinner on our laps and watching TV after milking. Ten minutes before that I had asked him if he had gotten Jethro's afterbirth and buried it. "Yessssssss, how many times do I have to tell you" was the reply..
I just gagged a bit at the stench of the regurgitated grossness, but hubby threw up on the way to his quick run to the bathroom. Poor me had to clean up two messes.. :( The smell of the rotten after birth stuck in my nose forever, even vicks did not get it out. Thank Goodness we owned a steam cleaner at that time.
Why is it that women have to clean up everyone's messes all the time.. :roll:

hillsdown":34rlifg6 said:
Steffie, when she was just a young pup ,ate afterbirth and then threw it up in the living room while hubby and I were eating our dinner on our laps and watching TV after milking. Ten minutes before that I had asked him if he had gotten Jethro's afterbirth and buried it. "Yessssssss, how many times do I have to tell you" was the reply..
I just gagged a bit at the stench of the regurgitated grossness, but hubby threw up on the way to his quick run to the bathroom. Poor me had to clean up two messes.. :( The smell of the rotten after birth stuck in my nose forever, even vicks did not get it out. Thank Goodness we owned a steam cleaner at that time.
Why is it that women have to clean up everyone's messes all the time.. :roll:
this one comes close to mine experiance. are maybe even be #1

3waycross":3u2w8l08 said:
5 pounds of rotten, putrid, roadkill, deer meat that the dogs had just thrown up on the floor next to the bed..........I leave the rest to the imagination but it for sure was not pretty.

This exact thing happens at least once if not twice a year around here. Toss in a couple of run ins with skunks too. Than the jackels look at me when I'm screaming at em like I'm the one who's crazy!

I discovered the hard way that little dogs need to get their anal glands drained periodically...