Only an hour left!!!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score
Feeding time is 3:00. Means only one more hour to sit through Thanksgiving. I'm ready to blow this scene.

Rifle season here, every where there were trucks parked along side the roads where guys were hunting. Goes out on Sunday, and then back to bow and then black powder I think. We are just going to continue to whittle down the doe population for a month. They are literally eating the wheat as fast as it is coming up. Way too many around.

Rifle season here, every where there were trucks parked along side the roads where guys were hunting. Goes out on Sunday, and then back to bow and then black powder I think. We are just going to continue to whittle down the doe population for a month. They are literally eating the wheat as fast as it is coming up. Way too many around.
Haha! Trucks everywhere here too!
Gun season is busy season

We let a few people hunt the farms. One rule, shoot something. I know of 6 that have been killed on one farm so far. Lots more there to kill
Hahaha, that reminds me of a good one. Several years ago, when you still had to in person check your deer here in IL. A couple of guys from Chicago tried to check in a horse they had shot and tagged. Biggest white tail they had ever seen!

Hahaha, that reminds me of a good one. Several years ago, when you still had to in person check your deer here in IL. A couple of guys from Chicago tried to check in a horse they had shot and tagged. Biggest white tail they had ever seen!
I've heard similar stories from just south of me, in Pope county. Think that one was a little donkey.

Feeding time is 3:00. Means only one more hour to sit through Thanksgiving. I'm ready to blow this scene.
One of the advantages of living 7 or 8 hours from the relatives. We went to a community Thanksgiving. About half the people just ate dinner and left. Almost 100% of the people there were ranchers. They had things to do.

There a pair that thought they had shot a black bear, and took it to the local news paper to give the story. Which then they were told that it was Angus calf.

A late friend of mine happened to be in town opening of hunting season. Saw a station wagon coming down the road with a whiteface calf on the roof. He said he was laughing pretty hard until it got to him and he saw it had his brand on it. He started running after them. There is only one stop light in town. Luckily it turned red and he was able to catch up with them there.

Latest posts