Online Hereford Registry

Help Support CattleToday:

When you delete a batch, it still stays on there. Does it permanently delete when the system recycles on Wed and Fri. ??

Also, another question for you since you are much more experienced than me.

Can you change COW Herd ID numbers to your own numbering system?
Nancy helped me a lot but, I think she's tired of talking to me.

And I am tired of buying these darn cows and then waiting a few months on the papers to transfer. I think I'm going to start demanding papers upon payment and transfer them my self so that I Know it gets done. I have many more questions let me know if it's alright to pm you from time to time, Thanks

Herefordcross":1zzp5oa3 said:
When you delete a batch, it still stays on there. Does it permanently delete when the system recycles on Wed and Fri. ??

I can't remember if I've ever deleted a batch, so I don't know for sure. If they aren't deleted by the system, they should eventually move to the "Batch Archive" list instead of the "Current Batches" list.

Also, another question for you since you are much more experienced than me.

Can you change COW Herd ID numbers to your own numbering system?

Gosh, couldn't you have asked me easier questions? :lol: I don't know if herd ID numbers can be changed online once they're in the system (or if they can be changed at all), but when I register calves online, I always use my numbering system as their current Herd ID. Thay way, their Herd ID with the AHA coincides with their ear tags/tattoo.

Nancy helped me a lot but, I think she's tired of talking to me.

And I am tired of buying these darn cows and then waiting a few months on the papers to transfer. I think I'm going to start demanding papers upon payment and transfer them my self so that I Know it gets done. I have many more questions let me know if it's alright to pm you from time to time, Thanks

Sorry, I couldn't be more help with these questions, but feel free to pm me any time. I've been using the online registry since they started it & really like it. The only problem I've found is that I can no longer blame anyone else for data-entry errors. :oops: :lol:

When you delete a batch, it does stay in the system awhile, but eventually goes away.

You can't transfer somebody elses cattle, so it won't do you any good to get papers at the sale.

The numbering system is whatever you put it in as on your inventory. I used their tattoo number. Don't know if they can be changed.

Latest posts