Online 122L sons

Help Support CattleToday:

KNERSIE

Reaction score
I've spent some time looking through the various AI studs online catalogues as well as Reeds lately. It seems that one of Remital Online 122L's sons stand out above the rest as a breeding bull. I personally never thought much of Online himself and too many of his sons seems to have dried up for various reasons at a young age. So my interest has nothing to do with future plans of using him, but merely for the sake of conversation who do you think is the most usefull Online son on the market?

I've always liked the looks of Channing calves.

I'm a big fan. :lol: I've not been keeping up with his sons, but if GRANDVIEW 7OAKS SONORA 145R produces anything close to what he looked like as a calf, he would be my pick.

42647892_1.jpg

HerefordSire":24o0msjs said:
In an attempt to throw a curve ball.... in my view, of how valuable 122L could be, this one has 185 calfs so far and many have never heard of him. I could probably find 10 more. My point is, 122L appears to be more valuable than he seems. This doesn't justify the $250 cert price which is borderline highway robbery.
http://abri.une.edu.au/online/cgi-bin/i ... 9=5A5A5E5B

I think I'll let my 29F semen sit for a while before I'd pay the $250 they are asking for his certs. I'll buy semen from somebody else this year for heifers, off someone I think not trying to rip me a new one.

rocket2222":66g0fm06 said:
HerefordSire":66g0fm06 said:
In an attempt to throw a curve ball.... in my view, of how valuable 122L could be, this one has 185 calfs so far and many have never heard of him. I could probably find 10 more. My point is, 122L appears to be more valuable than he seems. This doesn't justify the $250 cert price which is borderline highway robbery.
http://abri.une.edu.au/online/cgi-bin/i ... 9=5A5A5E5B

I think I'll let my 29F semen sit for a while before I'd pay the $250 they are asking for his certs. I'll buy semen from somebody else this year for heifers, off someone I think not trying to rip me a new one.

I have semen and embryos of 29F that are sitting idle also...before the prices when ultra high. It could be easy to understand why someone could become alienated with the Hereford breed. I believe in capitalism, but it seems to be there are control mechanisms in play....can't place my finger on it (maybe price fixing which is illegal)...but I think it also has to do with politics within the breed and large sums of money in very few hands. Regardless, whatever the force I sense, is enough for me to not attempt to register any animals. There is no need to play a game that is not winnable unless you are in the proper circle, so to speak.

There is one really good son of the Online 122L here in Finland. A real growth monster and quite easy calving. He won also 2007 hereford show.

P.A.L":3mtuy5ay said:
There is one really good son of the Online 122L here in Finland. A real growth monster and quite easy calving. He won also 2007 hereford show.

Sounds good, who is he? What's the breeding on his dam's side?

OLF":13yd26t6 said:
P.A.L":13yd26t6 said:

Sounds good, who is he? What's the breeding on his dam's side?

Dam is DWB 60G Passion 51, doughter of Nibbs 60G

The bulls BW is 41 kg and yearling weight 754 kg. if i remember correctly. His sons sells very well!!

KT 122L Online 3074 has the most impressive EPD numbers, with some accuracy, so far.
http://www.herfnet.com/online/cgi-b...56&5=2B3C2B3C3A&6=5A5D5C582325242526&9=525A5F

But I've heard nothing about him, other than he's the sire of the John Wayne bull.

Of all the Online sons out there, I'd probably be most inclined to use "Creek" or one of his full brothers, once I see more data. I like the Sonora bull as well, plus I really like the fact that he's one of the bulls that you don't need to buy certs to register the calves. I've still got some Moler semen, but I hate to use it for anything but a flush.

George

Moler was the bull I was referring to when I said one son seems to stand out as a breeding bull. Going by looks alone I was very impressed with Channing, but the calves I've seen couldn't match those of Moler. I've never seen progeny of either in real life, my opinion was based solely on the photos I've seen on various websites.

I have seen quite a lot of Online progeny and apart for the almost extreme length they all have I can't say they impressed me much.

P.A.L":14zhrw27 said:
http://www.hereford.nu/avelsradet.htm

scroll down the link and you see a moler son. What do you think??

Although he has some good points I can't say I like him. I hate the type, in my opinion if you want white faced continentals rather use simmental.

KNERSIE":1idpdt8n said:
P.A.L":1idpdt8n said:

Although he has some good points I can't say I like him. I hate the type, in my opinion if you want white faced continentals rather use simmental.

Knersie: do you have a picture of a good bull, type you like? I'd like to compare and learn. thanks!

P.A.L":36v64tsn said:
KNERSIE":36v64tsn said:
P.A.L":36v64tsn said:

Knersie: do you have a picture of a good bull, type you like? I'd like to compare and learn. thanks!

Have a look at Lorenzo's thread, the one in the middle of the three bulls further down.

pm me your e-mail address and I'll e-mail you a photo of my main AI sire

I have never been to the much talked about night before party (Fort Payne is too close for me to stay at a motel and too far for me to drive too two days in a row); but Randy Owen puts on a great spread the day of his sales and the cattle are always amazingly well fitted.

Latest posts