1/2 cup milk
3 tablespoons flour
1/2 package cream cheese
onion salt
celery salt
Lawry's season salt
Tones black pepper

Instructions

Mix softened cream cheese, flour, milk, onion/celery salt to taste until smooth.

Scrub potatoes, remove any bad spots, and slice into 1/4 inch thick pieces. Skin the onions and slice them into 1/8 inch pieces. In a 9x14 dish, place a layer of potatoes in the bottom. Cover with a layer of onions, another layer of potatoes, and a final layer of onions.

Pour liquid mixture over the top of this, then sprinkle Lawry's season salt and Tones black pepper over the mixture. Cover tightly with tin foil.

Place in 350 degree preheated oven for 1 hour. After 1 hour, uncover and continue to cook for 10 - 15 more minutes (until slightly brown on top)

Serve hot tonight and save some for leftovers for tomorrow.

Not a bad recipe.
I bake my potatos first then cut them up into about 1" pieces.
I melt some butter in a large skillet, toss in 2 cloves of fresh minced garlic, add the potatos and sliced onions. Season with salt and pepper. I just keep stirring them until the onions are nice and tender.

Normally if I am grilling and want them I put them in tin foil with some ice cubes and have it sealed up and put it on the grill. When the burgers or steaks are done the potatos are ready too.

Quit it. You are making me hungry.

I like to steam them with some lemmon pepper. That's all.

Oh my goodness, I can't believe it!! I JUST now noticed this forum was up! After it's been up for so long...can't believe I missed it!!! :eek:

Anyway, I was just going to say that that recipe sounds yum! :)

I luv herfrds":3c9p57ul said:
Not a bad recipe.
I bake my potatos first then cut them up into about 1" pieces.
I melt some butter in a large skillet, toss in 2 cloves of fresh minced garlic, add the potatos and sliced onions. Season with salt and pepper. I just keep stirring them until the onions are nice and tender.

Normally if I am grilling and want them I put them in tin foil with some ice cubes and have it sealed up and put it on the grill. When the burgers or steaks are done the potatos are ready too.

Lammie":3c9p57ul said:
Quit it. You are making me hungry.

I like to steam them with some lemmon pepper. That's all.

We cook those taters all kind of ways and both of these look good too. However.... give my recipe a try. It's very different and very good!

I eat onions with just baout anything they can go on. But what is teh difference between the yellow onions and white onions. I always just get the white one. I like them mostly in my eggs.

Latest posts