One Week Old Calf

Help Support CattleToday:

kworth1980

Reaction score
Looking for a bit advice, we have a one week old calf that have a question about its stool. She is super active. Mom very attentive, Mom had her scour bos shot, baby had a great doses of colostrum. At night we give mom and a couple other close to calf cows second cut. On Saturday night, she is in there like a dirty shirt. Not sure how much she is eating but looks like she is eating some of it, also seems to mouth pretty much everything from straw, hay, mineral block, salt. Yesterday mid-day she got up had a pretty consistent stool but was green in color, about three hours later she had the squirts - not consistently running down her legs but pretty watery I gave her toltrazuril pill (coccicindious sp?). She had another stool this morning that wasn't as runny but still loose. Last night still very active, running around, I didn't check her temperature but I did do the skin pinch test and shes good there. Question could the color of her stool be from the hay or is it the beginning of scours. Thanks.