One step forward…..

Help Support CattleToday:

1982vett

Reaction score
7E1C6F01-E007-4326-AAD7-F5DC93AEC96E.jpegThree steps back. 🙄🤷‍♂️

Their are days….and then…their are days. This is day three trying to get this 21 acres cut. First day rained out after 4 acres. Second day an 18 inc section just kept plugging the sickle when hitting fire ant mounds. The rest of the bar cleaned up and started cutting in a few feet but this one area was always a problem. Finally determined I needed to take some shims out on the guards hold down clip. Got back to cutting this afternoon after the sale and it cut just fine. Then THIS:
7E1C6F01-E007-4326-AAD7-F5DC93AEC96E.jpeg

Still have 6 acres to go….by the way, I take time and tie those hoses back to stay clear of the pto but still, this kind of stuff happens.

Murphy's law--------"whatever can go wrong, will go wrong." Seems like some days it all happens. Maybe what can go wrong has went wrong and tomorrow will be a better day. Putting the hoses back is no fun. Good luck........

When stuff like this happened to my Grandad my Granny would tell him "Ed, you'd complain if you were hung with a new rope." He would just go back to work. Never understood back then.

View attachment 6234Three steps back. 🙄🤷‍♂️

Their are days….and then…their are days. This is day three trying to get this 21 acres cut. First day rained out after 4 acres. Second day an 18 inc section just kept plugging the sickle when hitting fire ant mounds. The rest of the bar cleaned up and started cutting in a few feet but this one area was always a problem. Finally determined I needed to take some shims out on the guards hold down clip. Got back to cutting this afternoon after the sale and it cut just fine. Then THIS:
View attachment 6234

Still have 6 acres to go….by the way, I take time and tie those hoses back to stay clear of the pto but still, this kind of stuff happens.
Thank you for sharing that. You can't even imagine how much I enjoyed seeing that happen to someone else.

Thank you for sharing that. You can't even imagine how much I enjoyed seeing that happen to someone else.
icecold.jpg

(I once got a steel belted radial tire (somehow) up on the shaft between the blades/stumpjumper and bush hog deck. Talk about something that made a racket and vibrated the heck out of the whole mower,,,)

View attachment 6234Three steps back. 🙄🤷‍♂️

View attachment 6234

That's always worried me.. never had that happen though.. I did rip off a line on my bobcat grapple after running it hours it sprayed oil that was hot as .... On me though

Your welcome…😉...I what I had cut got rained on Thursday afternoon….Hay was dry enough this afternoon, but the ground wasn't so it's still laying waiting on Monday.

That's always worried me.. never had that happen though.. I did rip off a line on my bobcat grapple after running it hours it sprayed oil that was hot as .... On me though

Ouch…

Wait…the story doesn't end their…..what I didn't tell you in the previous post is I had the chance to get it baled Thursday before it got rained on but I wore myself out getting the twist in the belt back to the space it is supposed to be in. Been having issues with low blood pressure and heat exhaustion and I was near my limit. Figured as long as everything worked ok I'd be fine……yeah right….started just fine, first bale out and on to the next. Turned around an saw only one side stringing….🤬🤬🤬 and 🤬…I had trouble time before last with the string snapping back into the tube but thought I had that fixed. Like I said, I had hit my limit and knew it was time to quit.

Pisser is, when I crawled under the baler Friday, armed with new knife blades again, their was 5 inches of string hanging out of the tube….chalk it up to operator error. I'm to quick on the clutch when the full bale alarm goes off….SO. Just another day in paradise. 🙄

But the silver lining….on the 2955 John Deere, the $35 plastic hydraulic oil dip stick is just to the right of the pto. It got clipped off smooth to the metal. Feared the bottom half of the dipstick was still in the hole but it wasn't. 🥳

Last edited:
Ouch…

Wait…the story doesn't end their…..what I didn't tell you in the previous post is I had the chance to get it baled Thursday before it got rained on but I wore myself out getting the twist in the belt back to the space it is supposed to be in. Been having issues with low blood pressure and heat exhaustion and I was near my limit. Figured as long as everything worked ok I'd be fine……yeah right….started just fine, first bale out and on to the next. Turned around an saw only one side stringing….🤬🤬🤬 and 🤬…I had trouble time before last with the string snapping back into the tube but thought I had that fixed. Like I said, I had hit my limit and knew it was time to quit.

Pisser is, when I crawled under the baler Friday, armed with new knife blades again, their was 5 inches of string hanging out of the tube….chalk it up to operator error. I'm to quick on the clutch when the full bale alarm goes off….SO. Just another day in paradise. 🙄

But the silver lining….on the 2955 John Deere, the $35 plastic hydraulic oil dip stick is just to the right of the pto. It got clipped off smooth to the metal. Feared the bottom half of the dipstick was still in the hole but it wasn't. 🥳
When farm stuff like that happens I wonder why I even try

Latest posts