One Select Sire Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

Air gator

Reaction score
If you could get 10 straws of semen from Select Sires free, who would you choose? I would ask that you NOT choose Playbook or Capitalist....(I already have them). It is for purebred Angus, if that makes a difference.

No personal experience with him, but I think Id pick Coleman engage.

I seem to be the only one, but the SS lineup has not overly impressed me lately

Depends.. LOL
I will give you a couple:
1. Connealy Courage (use him only if you dont worry about growth EPDs and you want to downsize some cows)
2. Deer Valley ALL In (use him if you do worry about Growth EPDs and you want to increase size)
3. GAR Prophet (pretty good cattle from a distance, never owned one, will throw white if that matters to you)

Since I can't choose Playbook or Capitalist, Crouthamel Protocol 3022 would be among my top choices. Honorable mention choices would be S A V Rainfall, Deer Valley Patriot and the "oldie but goodie" Connealy Comrade.

T & B farms":2kpf5wgz said:
No personal experience with him, but I think Id pick Coleman engage.

I seem to be the only one, but the SS lineup has not overly impressed me lately

Engage is a really nice bull, we now own his Dam. She has really produced excellent progeny for us. We will have a full brother and some Maternal brothers by Cowboy Up at Midland Bull Test, that are really nice.

Having said that
Deer Valley Unique
SAV Rainfall

Playbooks were really nice

*************":118gh7dg said:
SAV Supercharger

I haven't seen any Supercharger Calves, but with the pedigree of 4136 and 0075 you can't go wrong in my opinion. I didn't list him because we already have a bunch of SAV Seedstock cows.

"Free" adds a twist in there, but I have to go with Growth Fund, and Acclaim right behind him. Playbook, Capitalist, Traction, Courage already in tank, Flat Top, Old Hickory, and Growth Fund being delivered this week. Just let my rep know to send the invoice for Growth Fund to Air Gator

torogmc81, Cattle prices will have to improve a bit before I can pick up the tab. I'll keep you in mind though.

The truth is that there are so many bulls that I like I will never have a chance to try them all.
Supercharger has some devoted followers on here...I think the calves in Nebraska must be pretty nice.
I think Rainfall was pretty nice when he sold because he had a high sticker price.

Apparently, I am the only one who likes the looks of Deer Valley Wall Street over Growth Fund.
I really like Flat Top but I have Black Granite in the tank.

At some point, I would not mind trying Connealy Guinness. I also keep seeing Jindra Acclaim calves bring big money...and he qualifies as a heifer bull.

I also like Connealy Legendary but I have some heifers/cows that I think need some more milk.
It seems like there are a lot of popular bulls with above average milk...and some with fairly low milk.
Not sure when the milk epd will be stable but I have my doubts right now.
Thanks for all the feedback.

Air gator":gxdwgt36 said:
torogmc81, Cattle prices will have to improve a bit before I can pick up the tab. I'll keep you in mind though.

The truth is that there are so many bulls that I like I will never have a chance to try them all.
Supercharger has some devoted followers on here...I think the calves in Nebraska must be pretty nice.
I think Rainfall was pretty nice when he sold because he had a high sticker price.

Apparently, I am the only one who likes the looks of Deer Valley Wall Street over Growth Fund.
I really like Flat Top but I have Black Granite in the tank.

At some point, I would not mind trying Connealy Guinness. I also keep seeing Jindra Acclaim calves bring big money...and he qualifies as a heifer bull.

I also like Connealy Legendary but I have some heifers/cows that I think need some more milk.
It seems like there are a lot of popular bulls with above average milk...and some with fairly low milk.
Not sure when the milk epd will be stable but I have my doubts right now.
Thanks for all the feedback.
That is an interesting take on milk epds. Most of the Angus milk too much. Bulls like Mentor and Capitalist are about right for our environment here. I think it is good for all of us to remember that different environments turn on different genes. One of the main reasons I don't like to use ai bulls that are raised in far better environments than here,

Latest posts