One red sock

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Did something really stupid today and took a pretty bad lick on my lower shin. I thought I broke my leg. Tood some medicine for it beofre I got home. Her sweetnesty thinks I need ot go to the doctor cause my sock is covered in blood but I'm not in pain and I don't see bone and I can walk - sorta. Medicine must have worked and I can kinda walk. Problem is I ran out of medicine. I think I'll wait till morning to see if I need the doc or maybe just some more medicine will suffice.. Ya'll be careful out there and don't be stupid like me.

Don't you just hate stuff like that . Maybe it won't be so bad . Anyway I hope it heals quickly and just to let you know you're not alone I'm gonna post a story .

Larry

Jogeephus":1q82ke0u said:
Did something really stupid today and took a pretty bad lick on my lower shin. I thought I broke my leg. Tood some medicine for it beofre I got home. Her sweetnesty thinks I need ot go to the doctor cause my sock is covered in blood but I'm not in pain and I don't see bone and I can walk - sorta. Medicine must have worked and I can kinda walk. Problem is I ran out of medicine. I think I'll wait till morning to see if I need the doc or maybe just some more medicine will suffice.. Ya'll be careful out there and don't be stupid like me.

You not going to entertain us with your stupidty? :lol: :lol:

Ryder":34yamoa3 said:
You and Larry both need a couple more shots of medicine. You will both be fine,

I agree Ryder, and Jo you need way more medicine than you have had ,,your posts are still legible right now.... :lol2: :drink: :lol: :p

Well Jo, its been a few hours tell us which hurts worse your foot from the injury or your head from the "cure" /medicine you took to relieve your foot injury. BTW what intellectual pursuit were you trying to accomplish when you got hurt?

Reminds me of Dad, would tough it out all week till Saturday night, then go to the emergency room. :roll:

Jalopy":3cwnx2xs said:
Well Jo, its been a few hours tell us which hurts worse your foot from the injury or your head from the "cure" /medicine you took to relieve your foot injury. BTW what intellectual pursuit were you trying to accomplish when you got hurt?

My injury is Flaboy's fault. You see he took me under his wing (against his better judgement) and has been advising me in the art of grill construction. Of course, he must have assumed that one would know not to use a hand grinder in lieu of a bench grinder. I know this now. Anyhow, I was doing this to smooth down a 6" rod when the rod caught and flew out of my hand and into my leg at 50,000 mph. (I still don't know where the rod landed) When it struck my leg it felt like I had been kicked by a cow square in the shin.
Head is fine this morning. Leg is needing a good dose of medicine. Peeling my sock off was like peeling velcro or duct tape off and it was nearly soaked in blood. I knew I had hurt it good but I didn't think I bled as much as I did. Thank goodness I had a thick pair of boots on. Is there a word for a bleeding bruise? It never penetrated my boot but it sure did bleed and I got a real weird looking anatomical anomoly on my leg. :lol2:

Jo - I've got some of that medicine that will cure your pain. It will also cure your memory, give you good sleep (blackouts), and probably worm you too. Guaranteed not to cure your pain, but guaranteed to make you forget about it. :drink:

I was using a hand held grinder yesterday cutting the fenders off a utility trailer. The sparks and red hot metal were flying. Glanced over and the grass was on fire. Was able to stomp it out.

Jo take care out there I don't know ofanyone that is safe from Murphy's law. He will have the last say. Hope today is better for you. JLP

Hope it heals up alright-sounds like the week I had. I am feeling pretty battered. Got kicked in both the arm and the leg twice, Dog jumped on me and bruised my thigh up pretty good, got hip slammed (cow on one side, steel bar on the other) and fell out of my chair today and conked my head on the granite coffee table. :oops:

Jogeephus":xwpgw6xs said:
Is there a word for a bleeding bruise?

Ouch :D
That will be $500 and ask me again tomorrow if you still hurt :lol:

LEG CONTUSION, LOWER LEG
Health Library > Sports Injuries >
General Information

DEFINITION--Bruising of the skin and underlying tissues of the lower leg due to a direct blow. Contusions cause bleeding from ruptured small capillaries that allow blood to infiltrate muscles, tendons or other soft tissue. The lower leg is particularly susceptible to contusions because it is frequently exposed to direct blows. If the blow is over the tibia (shin bone), it is much more likely to be severe.

BODY PARTS INVOLVED
Lower-leg tissues, including blood vessels, muscles, tendons, nerves, covering to bone (periosteum) and connective tissue.
The peroneal nerve where it wraps around the upper portion of the fibula. Injury to the nerve can lead to painful neuritis or temporary paralysis and a dropped foot. {244}

SIGNS & SYMPTOMS
Swelling--either superficial or deep.
Pain at the contusion site.
Feeling of firmness when pressure is exerted on the injury.
Tenderness.
Discoloration under the skin, beginning with redness and progressing to the characteristic "black and blue" bruise.
Restricted leg function proportional to the extent of injury.
Feeling an "electric shock" followed by temporary muscle paralysis, causing the foot to drop.

CAUSES
Direct blow to the leg, usually from a blunt object.

Strengthening exersies for rehabilitation of calf muscle contusion

http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/cyber ... rength.php

Told you about my brother loseing half his foot cause he wouldn't go to the Dr..Well,now he's in a nurseing home,haveing lost half his LEG,cause he wouldn't go to the Dr. Draw your own conclusions... Keep us updated about the nurseing home,how much you like it and all............ Go to the DR., DUMMY

peg4x4":2d6ulkrt said:
Told you about my brother loseing half his foot cause he wouldn't go to the Dr..Well,now he's in a nurseing home,haveing lost half his LEG,cause he wouldn't go to the Dr. Draw your own conclusions... Keep us updated about the nurseing home,how much you like it and all............ Go to the DR., DUMMY
voice of reason

Awwh heck Joe, :???: Them bleedin bruses ain't bad. Long as you can walk, get to the fishing hole with your cooler. Not a big deal. :D

Latest posts