One party rule

Help Support CattleToday:

@Lee VanRoss , think and say what you will, it is not my goal to stop you or anyone else from speaking their minds. I have nothing but respect for HD Rider and many others who share a different view. I welcome his. yours, or anyone else's posts. As I stated earlier, I have only been posting responses to show a different viewpoint. Perhaps I should keep quiet and let those more sophisticated than I have the floor at all times, but that doesn't seem very much like freedom to me.
From your statement of crows on my nose ( hey that's a nifty rhyme ) I take it that you are not so subtly implying that I am dishonest. Again you are free to think what you will, however that statement was made without knowing anything about me.
If you knew me, you would likely see that I appreciate the same freedoms and rights that you do, and likely hold several of the same positions on a number of issues.
As for using conversations of day to day farm and ranch life to lull others into a false sense of commradarie to influence their political outlook, that is you giving it way too much thought, and me too much credit. I am a full time farmer, have been all of my life. I can assure everyone that when I'm talking about cattle, or anything farm life related that is a subject that I am passionate about and am not using it for any nefarious means. Quite frankly I don't believe that others here are either.
In my posts I am not intending to be divisive. Sharing a differing view, or a different side of an issue does not mean that I don't respect the authors of the posts I respond to.
Romans 3:23
John 3:16-17

So you you think she should serve longer, she was 87 and in very poor health? Explain how the statement by TT discredits his post.
No, I don't think judges should serve past their deaths. :)
Justice system moves slow enough as it is, 75 should be mandatory retirement age for all federal judges.

I can't speak for sstterry, but I assume he was referring to name calling the dead (Ruth Buzzy) (RBG) let her rest in peace.

Some of people on these pages are no more than charlatans in that they will lull one into a sense of commradarie with day to day
conversation concerning farm or ranch life but it is always done with the goal of changing your political outlook to their devious
way of thinking.
OR, they have developed the ability (as most adults do) to discuss a specific issue without it affecting personal day to day relationships.

So you you think she should serve longer, she was 87 and in very poor health? Explain how the statement by TT discredits his post.
To my knowledge, Ruth Buzzy never served on the Court. Unless, of course, he was simply name-calling which is very common. No solutions, just rhetoric. It appears that is difficult for some on here to have an adult conversation and debate about real issues.

I have been on this Board long enough to know that no one here is going to change anyone else's mind on politics.

Last edited:
To my knowledge, Ruth Buzzy never served on the Court. Unless, of course, he was simply name-calling which is very common. No solutions, just rhetoric. It appears that is difficult for some on here to have an adult conversation and debate about real issues.

I have been on this Board long enough to know that no one here is going to change anyone else's mind on politics.
Yes, Ruth "Buzzy" Ginsburg is the affectionate nickname we assigned the old fossil of the court. I apologize for omitting her last name. You knew who I meant and even your cohorts on the left begged her to step aside during Barry's term.

Barry is what Obama went by as a youth by the way. just another guy who liked nicknames.

I'm not her to change your mind, but a liberal sometimes does see the light.

You can have your opinion and I support your right to have it. I will however always maintain that both sides have the goal of wanting to have control of all they can, otherwise there would not be millions of dollars spent during election cycles across the nation each time, as well as frantic efforts to seat judges on the Supreme Court during the times that they come open.
Do you support Democrats' efforts to add 4 seats to the Supreme Court?

Just looked at Faux News and they had a headline to the effect of Democrats demand liberal packing of the supreme court. Then looked at CannedNN and its headline was to that there were no plans to bring any legislation on court packing to the house floor. No mention that I could see on MesSNBC on the subject. It just goes to show how different sides can spin a topic to suit their needs.
If you do not understand what is going on then nothing anyone can say can help you. You simply do not want to understand.

Won't happen!

Plus, where was all the consternation when Republicans controlled the House, Senate, and the Legislature? That was just two and a half years ago.
Who ended the filibuster on naming judges? Who is trying to end the filibuster on passing legislation?

Name one thing Republicans have done to negate two party rule.

I named many that Democrats are working on to become the single party system.

Do you support Democrats' efforts to add 4 seats to the Supreme Court?
No I do not. The view that hive on that is that if they were successful in doing so which I don't think it will be, that it would set a precedent to do more changes each election cycle. That is something that no one should want.

Do you honestly believe any civilized society in the world is seeking to ban law enforcement of the very laws they've enacted?

Wild eyed Fear Mongering causes the loss of all credibility.
Talk about The Sky Is Falling - The Sky Is Falling. sheesh
I can only take them at their word.

Representative Rashida Tlaib (D-MI) took to Twitter to addressed the death of 20-year old Daune Wright Tuesday calling for an 'end of policing, incarceration and militarization."

The Congresswoman wrote that policing in the U.S. is "inherently and intentionally racist" and that it "cannot be reformed.

"It wasn't an accident," tweeted Tlaib. "Policing in our country is inherently and intentionally racist. Daunte Wright was met with aggression and violence."

It wasn't an accident. Policing in our country is inherently & intentionally racist.
Daunte Wright was met with aggression & violence. I am done with those who condone government funded murder.
No more policing, incarceration, and militarization. It can't be reformed.
— Rashida Tlaib (@RashidaTlaib) April 12, 2021

No I do not. The view that hive on that is that if they were successful in doing so which I don't think it will be, that it would set a precedent to do more changes each election cycle. That is something that no one should want.
Do you support the uncontrolled influx of illegal immigrants?

If you do not understand what is going on then nothing anyone can say can help you. You simply do not want to understand.
It's not as simple as wanting or not wanting to understand another's conclusion. It's more of a desire to take a broader view of the issues and try to get more of an understanding of the surrounding circumstances that have direct and indirect effect on what ever topic is being discussed so that the best conclusion can be reached. Nowhere have I said or intended to say that my views were the only way, or that yours were wrong. It would be much easier for me to just say yes you are correct on all points as usual. There would however be something missing without a broader discussion. I have said many times on this forum that I support the concept of two party system and that those parties holding power in various branches of government are the best scenario.