One of those rare days

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
24,228
Reaction score
9
Location
South Georgia
Had one of those rare days when everything went right. Needed to move some heifers in with the bulls and had to first trailer them. I had put this off long enough but and figured I might as well take the bitter pill. I opened a gate to the loading pen and went about doing something else and forgot about it. Heard some ruckus and looked to the pen and saw they were all inside the pen. Closed the gate, hooked to the trailer and only having to adjust once to get squarely over the ball, then backed up to the chute. Opened the gate to the chute and the girls walked right in the trailer with no coaxing at all. Beautiful. Sure beats getting a cold drink poured over your head.
 

dun

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 28, 2003
Messages
47,334
Reaction score
20
Location
MO Ozarks
Jogeephus":q8w1bt7f said:
Had one of those rare days when everything went right. Needed to move some heifers in with the bulls and had to first trailer them. I had put this off long enough but and figured I might as well take the bitter pill. I opened a gate to the loading pen and went about doing something else and forgot about it. Heard some ruckus and looked to the pen and saw they were all inside the pen. Closed the gate, hooked to the trailer and only having to adjust once to get squarely over the ball, then backed up to the chute. Opened the gate to the chute and the girls walked right in the trailer with no coaxing at all. Beautiful. Sure beats getting a cold drink poured over your head.
My thoughts when something goes that smoothly is "Oh Oh, wonder what's gonna really go to crap now to make up for it" (glass half full thoguhts)
 

Alan

Well-known member
Joined
May 9, 2004
Messages
9,515
Reaction score
6
Location
NW Oregon
Yup, when things go that well I tend to start looking up for that cold drink coming down on me.
 
OP
Jogeephus

Jogeephus

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
24,228
Reaction score
9
Location
South Georgia
Yeah, something is definitely out of balance in the universe when this happens for me. I do have a piece of equipment in the shop and am supposed to pick it up today and get the bill. I wonder. :???:
 

Limomike

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 14, 2006
Messages
4,132
Reaction score
1
Location
Oklahoma
Jogeephus":oj665pyi said:
Yeah, something is definitely out of balance in the universe when this happens for me. I do have a piece of equipment in the shop and am supposed to pick it up today and get the bill. I wonder. :???:

Yep Jo.. theres your payback..
 

highgrit

Well-known member
Joined
May 5, 2010
Messages
5,689
Reaction score
4
Location
Helena,GA.
As long as the equipment is not at Nashville Tractor in Valdosta. Their service dept. is a joke. And the main shop in Nashville GA. is great. At least lunch was good at Barry's.
 
OP
Jogeephus

Jogeephus

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
24,228
Reaction score
9
Location
South Georgia
highgrit":2yq9bzqp said:
As long as the equipment is not at Nashville Tractor in Valdosta. Their service dept. is a joke. And the main shop in Nashville GA. is great. At least lunch was good at Barry's.

It was but it wasn't that bad. You should have let me know you were coming and you could have bought me lunch ;-) :lol: Barry's is good. You didn't happen to get his burger did you? Very good burger. Like homemade.
 
A

Anonymous

Thought about you guys today as I was buzzing southbound on 75. I'll try to plan better next time and I'll buy lunch
 

highgrit

Well-known member
Joined
May 5, 2010
Messages
5,689
Reaction score
4
Location
Helena,GA.
I was thinking about you guy's. We got a special opening in the Gulf for kings Friday and Saturday. Sure wish I would of stayed home, it was blowing 15-40mph. and rough. I think I am getting to old for that stuff, but greed will do it to you every time. Jo, I had the special that was beef tips over rice and brown gravy, butter beans and cornbread. Next time I will have the cheeseburger. The folks in the south GA. know how to make sweet tea.
 
A

Anonymous

I can't even believe you guys went out in that slop. The wind was howling all weekend. What are you running?
 

Latest posts

Top